Thoughts on Reid/Reed

Although I’ve always liked [name]Reid[/name], I have skipped over it in the past because of its “red haired” meaning. However, it occured to me tonight that it could fall into the nature/beach category which I’m always looking for in a name (beach reeds, and I’ve found that there are several [name]Reed[/name] Bays). Thoughts/opinions on the name?

I haven’t really given [name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name] a second thought until recently. It seems like a perpetual middle-aged man name to me, and it’s not as interesting (to me, anyway) as some similar “R” names, like [name]Rhys[/name]/[name]Reese[/name], [name]Reagan[/name], [name]Ross[/name]/[name]Roscoe[/name], [name]Russell[/name]/[name]Russ[/name], etc. That being said, I just got into Criminal Minds, and [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Reid[/name] on that show is adorable, haha. I like it more as a MN, but I do think it’s more interesting than I did a few weeks ago.

I know a [name]Reed[/name] in his early 20s. That’s the spelling, so I always thought of rushes/reeds, putting it in the “nature name” category. [name]Even[/name] spelled [name]Reid[/name] though, the sound would still put it in the nature category for me.

[name]Reed[/name] is actually both my husband’s and my first choice for a boy. I’ve always liked it, and like it more as I get older. To us it’s dignified, respectable, and overall masculine. It’s also short & sweet which we appreciate.

I adore [name]Reid[/name], personally. From the people I’ve encountered named [name]Reid[/name], it seems like a confident, strong, stylish name. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Reid[/name] its really strong and simple! I think it seems better suited for an MN though because it is so short and does not offer any NNs.

So I discovered today that there’s a [name]Reid[/name] Key in the [name]Florida[/name] [name]Keys[/name] (we were married in FL) so that just bumped [name]Reid[/name] to the top of our list. Any other opinions/thoughts on the name?