Thoughts on Reid/Rhett as sibset?

My husband and I really struggle to agree on names. We both love [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], but our first son is [name_u]Reid[/name_u] and I am worried that the two names are too similar or matchy. Thoughts or other suggestions are welcome!

For me they would be way too close, just for the sheer fact that I would mix them up ALL the time. They are both great names though! I know of a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/[name_m]Louis[/name_m] sibset and also a [name_m]John[/name_m]/[name_u]Jean[/name_u] sibset so it’s not the worst thing in the world, but for me it would be way too close.

They are a bit too similar to me too. Both 1 syllable R names with an e vowel, and the d and t endings sound pretty similar as well. You could do [name_u]Everett[/name_u] nn Rett/[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. That way they wouldn’t officially be matchy. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_u]Reid[/name_u] are great together. ([name_m]Garrett[/name_m] and [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] work here too. [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] could be [name_m]Bear[/name_m] or [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]). [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_m]Beau[/name_m] also came to mind.

I would definitely say they’re too close. But as the previous poster said, [name_u]Everett[/name_u] nn [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] would be cute and not too much.

When I say them aloud I hear [name_u]Read[/name_u] and Write (with a bit of an accent?). I love the suggestion of [name_u]Everett[/name_u] though!

Agreed…

I’m probably going to be the only one that thinks they could work together. Yes they are similar and matchy but if you only had the two of them they kinda work. If you want to have more than two kids, you might not want something matchy.
But then again [name_m]Ross[/name_m] [name_m]Lynch[/name_m] (from [name_m]Austin[/name_m] and [name_f]Ally[/name_f], my brother loves the show) has 4 siblings all starting with R: Riker, Rydel, [name_m]Rocky[/name_m], [name_m]Ryland[/name_m] and [name_m]Ross[/name_m].

[name_u]Reid[/name_u] and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]. The more I look at them the more I like it.

The suggestion of [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is good too, its a very handsome name. Its up to you if you really want to use [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] use it.

Good luck!!