Thoughts on Reinhard

I really like the [name_m]German[/name_m] name [name_m]Reinhard[/name_m].
Googling it hearing different pronunciations, Rinehart, Rhine ARD, etc.
What do you think of this name? Have you known any? Pronunciation?
Thanks for your feedback!

I would say it like ‘rinehart’ because that’s how the character in the video game Overwatch says it. I think it’s a nice enough sounding name, but very surname-y. Because it’s so unusual I’m not sure if I’d use it unless you have a specific reason to use a [name_m]German[/name_m] name (I would assume a name like [name_m]Reinhard[/name_m] was a family name).

Oh man. I know it’s immature, but I wouldn’t use a name with “hard” in it. Too easy to be made fun of.

I knew a family with this surname and they pronounced it Rinehard. I would also assume it’s a family/honor name, possibly the mother’s maiden name. It’s too harsh sounding and surnamey for my tastes.

I dislike it strongly.

I think it is very distinguished and strong. I knew a Reinholt growing up and always thought his name was cool. He went by “[name_m]Ry[/name_m]” (not sure how he spelled it) for short.

I pronounce it ‘[name_u]Ren[/name_u]-ard’ because I knew a [name_m]Reinard[/name_m] once when I lived abroad in [name_f]France[/name_f] who pronounced it that way. He ended up doing fashion design in [name_u]Paris[/name_u], so the name reads sophisticated to me, but that’s my only reference at all to the name.

Makes me think of Reinhard Heydrich, infamous Nazi and guy who basically planned the Holocaust.

So…no. Avoid

I’m [name_m]German[/name_m] and pronounce it Rine-[name_m]HART[/name_m]. I don’t know any with the name as a first but I know someone with it as a surname. Honestly, it’s not a personal favourite but I can easily see it working as a first name.

It instantly makes me think of [name_f]Gina[/name_f] Rinehart who those outside of Australia might not know well but it’s not a positive association - she’s a billionaire (inherited from her father) who pretty much thinks that the rich should be made richer, the poor poorer and Australia should be split in half to keep it this way. [name_m]Even[/name_m] her kids seem to hate her.