Thoughts on Robin?

I haven’t seen this name around too much lately, but I’ve grown to quite like it! I’d love to know your overall and honest thoughts on it - always open to middle name pairing suggestions as well :slight_smile:

I see it on Nameberry often, but only for boys! I’ll admit that I do think it’s a slight bit dated (70s) name for girls… but I don’t mind that much. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is sweet and cheerful, spirited and free. I like it a lot. I love the springtime bird associations, and Stranger Things is a strong association too which really has helped me love this name for girls. :sparkles:

I like [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for a boy, but not so much for a girl. I prefer [name_f]Robbia[/name_f] for a girl.

I think [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is lovely :nest_with_eggs:

I do prefer a TAD more for boys but I absolutely think [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is truly unisex and is lovely for a girl as well. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is sweet, cheerful and bright. I actually know a baby girl called [name_u]Robin[/name_u] with older siblings Ge0rge and Will0w she was born in [name_u]September[/name_u] 2021 and I thought that was a lovely choice. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is so sweet.

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] is a dated female name to me. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though there’s the [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood association (and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Williams), the only [name_m]Robins[/name_m] I’ve met are middle aged women.

I prefer [name_u]Bobbie[/name_u] to [name_u]Robin[/name_u], it brings a fresher vibe.

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] is lovely -warm and bright!

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Robin[/name_u] for all genders. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] sounds lovely but it isn’t frilly and ultra fem, it could suit all types of people.

Unpopular opinion (I suspect): I prefer the [name_f]Robyn[/name_f] spelling :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It does not feel like a dated name to me - perhaps that reflects my location in the UK?
I find [name_u]Robin[/name_u] bright, cheerful and friendly and it’s in my favourite category: nature names :slight_smile:

I agree, also based in the UK and it doesn’t seem dated to me. I prefer it for a boy but have definitely heard it on girls too. To me it has a nature, folkloric vibe which is pretty timeless :leaves:

I prefer it for a boy, but I’ve met female Robin’s and it still works very well. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] doesn’t feel too dated

[name_u]Love[/name_u], I slightly prefer for a boy but I do think it’s smitten for a girl x

I love it! I get why other people feel its dated but for me it falls into the category of names I wish I heard around more, I’ve only ever met two maybe three so to me it feels really underused. I would be delighted to meet a little [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. I also have a strong sentimental attachment to the bird and am fond of [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood stories so that definitely contributes to my love of the name.