Thoughts on Romero?

I recently fell in love with this name, and the more I think about it the more I like it! It’s a surname, and apparently the meaning is “pilgrim”, but really I would bestow it in honor of director [name]George[/name] A. [name]Romero[/name]. Yea, nay? :slight_smile:

…would it be too weird on a white kid?! haha

I feel like it is very close to [name]Romeo[/name] and ppl would always get it confused. It would be strange to see a white kid with such a latin last name but it is not totally out there.

I am a film student and having boy/girl twins (due any day now!) I am naming my daughter [name]Jane[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Romero[/name], and my son [name]Leo[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Dario[/name]. Honoring [name]George[/name] A. [name]Romero[/name] and [name]Dario[/name] [name]Argento[/name]. So, obviously my opinion is a little biased. =) I think it would work as a first name too, although it does sound a little like [name]Romeo[/name] and that might confuse the general public that haven’t heard of [name]George[/name] [name]Romero[/name].

Thanks guys!! I figured it would probably get confused with [name]Romeo[/name], which is why if I ever do use it I’ll probably stick it in the middle.

And cheekypanda, congratulations on your pregnancy and the beautiful names you’ve chosen for your children! :smiley: