Thoughts on Romilly?

Any middle name suggestions would be apprreciated :slight_smile:

What about [name_u]Romney[/name_u]? I’m not in the States so the political connection doesn’t matter to me so much.

Between [name_u]Romney[/name_u] and [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], I’d pick [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] in a heartbeat (as an American, I can’t divorce the name from unpleasant politics).

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] used to be one of my favorite names, though I probably wouldn’t pick it now. It’s one of those names I’d just stumble over. The nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is cute, though.

[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] is a great name. It’s frilly and girly but also has a kind of sophisticated strength to it. [name_m]Plenty[/name_m] of great nickname options too: [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Milly[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Ro[/name_f]…

I dislike [name_u]Romney[/name_u]. I’m not in the US either but the political connection is still there for me, plus I find it masculine in sound and very trendy-feeling (surnamey, unisex, “-ee” ending) in a way that [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] just isn’t at all.

Romily is fine but a bit hipster/trendy. It has a lot of nickname options.
I am from Europe, but [name_u]Romney[/name_u] makes me think of [name_m]Mitt[/name_m] [name_u]Romney[/name_u], who is definitely not a person I’d like people to think of when they meet my baby.

Yeah, no. [name_u]Romney[/name_u] would not be a wise choice even if you are not American. Personally, I don’t care for the unfeminine sound of [name_u]Romney[/name_u] anyway.

But [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]…she is gorgeous! She is a growing favorite of mine.

It would be nice to know what you’re looking for with middles, like your overall style preference.

Definitely [name_f]Romilly[/name_f].
Middle name ideas:
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Katrin[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Temperance[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]