Thoughts on Rory for a boy?

My husband and I both like the name [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for a boy but I’m curious to see what people think of it. Any opinions good or bad are appreciated. Thank you!

No problem? It’s a boy’s name anyway… what’s to question? :slight_smile: [name_u]Rory[/name_u]/[name_m]Ruaridh[/name_m] is a solid Irish name. I like it.

I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! It’s a great name, and very handsome.

I agree, it is nice Irish name with character and charm which is well known but not popular (at least in the UK)
I can see no problems with it
Good luck!

P.S I have seen it with the [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_m]Ruari[/name_m] spelling

I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! I think it’s handsome and playful at the same time.

I know a little girl [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and my first thought was “That’s a boy name!”
I do think it is nice on a boy!

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] is one of my favourite names for boys.

I like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for a boy, I think it is on my favorites list. Very likable and sweet name. I also like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u].

I see it as a boy’s name! I knew a [name_u]Rory[/name_u] growing up and he was never teased or anything for it being a “girls name”

I like it a lot and very much prefer it on a boy, so go for it. :slight_smile:

I’m from the UK so to me [name_u]Rory[/name_u] IS a boys name. The [name_u]Rory[/name_u]'s I’ve met have all been boys.

Yup, it’s a solid boy name. But I have heard it on girls lately simply because [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is being used more. I knew a [name_u]Rory[/name_u] at university and he was cheerful and down-to-earth.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] is packed with personality. It would be a great choice!

I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! It’s on my own boys’ list. :slight_smile: Lately I’ve been associating it with [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who, but [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] is great, so it’s not a bad association for me. I think it’s a lovely name. I think I’ll love it even more, when I come up with a combo for it that I really, really love.

I’ve only ever known a male named [name_u]Rory[/name_u], with females generally using it as a nickname. I think it’s a good name.

[name_u]Rory[/name_u]'s a lovely name. Strong but playful.

I had a crush on my older neighbor [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a kid. I still love the name! (the neighbor was a boy) It is one of the most handsome names!

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] IS a boy’s name and I like it.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! My only issue is that it’s difficult for a lot of people, and especially children, to pronounce, but he’ll learn.

I really like [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! It’s a great boy name.