Thoughts on Rory?

The title basically says it all. :slight_smile: I’ve been reading a story with a cute little Irish boy named [name]Rory[/name], and I’m being reminded how much I really love it!

WDYT? [name]Do[/name] you think it’d fit in with the names in my signature? What MN would you pair it with? I remember seeing [name]Rory[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] on someone’s list, and I love that, but I already have [name]Everett[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Charles[/name], so I don’t really want to repeat, and I don’t really want to steal anyone’s combo, either. :slight_smile: Is [name]Rory[/name] too nicknamey on its own?

Thanks ladies!

Ok. you just got me hooked.

[name]Rory[/name] is adorable!! I used to know a little [name]Rory[/name] that had Irish descent, and it just reminds me of his cuteness. :slight_smile:

It could possibly work with your signature names, but (maybe) is it too close to [name]Brody[/name]?? It would be cute as a middle name though. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about middle names, but I’m sure you’ll get some ideas from other berries.

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I actually [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rory[/name] on a little boy :slight_smile: [name]Shannon[/name] and I thought about using it for a while, but he has a thing for [name]Aurora[/name] and we couldn’t use both, of course.

It’s an adorable name that I can also picture on a distinguished gentleman, so I definitely don’t think it’s too nicknamey. I also like it on girls, but perhaps I shouldn’t go there…:wink:

I am trying to remember some of your other names, I think [name]Rory[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Zane[/name] would be pretty cool! Out of the ones in your signature, I think I like it with [name]Boone[/name] the best.

Thanks, ladies! @jasmine.lee–I agree that [name]Brody[/name] and [name]Rory[/name] are probably too close for brothers, I’m actually not sure what I’d do there. At this point I still like [name]Brody[/name] more than [name]Rory[/name], but [name]Rory[/name] could grow on me, especially if I had the right combo! And @avesnames, I agree so much! [name]Rory[/name] seems a bit nicknamey (sort of like [name]Brody[/name]), but I can see it on a grown man and it’s so handsome, so I think I’d use it anyway. And I don’t really like any of the longer forms ([name]Rowan[/name], [name]Gregory[/name], and [name]Riordan[/name] are the only ones I can think of off-hand) with the nn [name]Rory[/name].

Any more combo ideas? [name]Rory[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] just came to me now, I like that a lot more than any other combo I’ve thought up. Although I’m still not sure I like it as much as [name]Rory[/name] [name]Joshua[/name].

I adore [name]Rory[/name], and I especially love [name]Rory[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]. I think its a fantastic, fun, handsome, classy name.

I know some Berries see it as a little feminine what with [name]Rory[/name] being considered a girls name in some parts of the US but its all boy to me.

Its the kid of name that oozes energy and enthusiasm…I know that probably sounds a bit weird! I just love it. I also think it sounds great with the other names in your signature :slight_smile:

I think I actually saw [name]Rory[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] in your signature. :slight_smile: Maybe? I really loved seeing it, but I don’t want to have another repeat–I have enough of them on my boys’ list as it is. I don’t think your description of [name]Rory[/name] sounds weird at all, haha.

I like it a lot, but it is a little bit hard to say. I think for some people, especially kids, it could be downright impossible, and if you live in a heavily Spanish- speaking area be prepared to hear a lot of rolling of those Rs.

I was pretty sure it was my signature you were talking about but I didn’t want to say in case you had seen it elsewhere :slight_smile: We had to rule out [name]Joshua[/name] because a close friend used it and I haven’t found a [name]Rory[/name] combo perfect enough yet, so it has yet to be re-added to my list. I think [name]Rory[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] is wonderful, though :slight_smile:

Aww. :frowning: I can see why you haven’t found a good substitute yet–[name]Rory[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] seems pretty perfect to me, too! Here’s to hoping we can both find a [name]Rory[/name] combo we love. :slight_smile:

I always wondered if I was the only person who had trouble saying it! Haha. It just feels awkward when I say it out loud. That being said, I absolutely love the name on a boy! I used it for a character in a book I wrote because I love it so much. It’s definitely not too nicknamey on its own.

[name]Rory[/name] is a bit nicknamey, but I do like it on boys a lot. I think it fits esp. with [name]Brody[/name] and [name]Avery[/name].
[name]Rory[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] is a nice idea, [name]Rory[/name] [name]George[/name]? [name]Rory[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] is dashing imo. But I can’t recall if you already used [name]Bennett[/name].

Erm, no, I haven’t used [name]Bennett[/name]. I like it okay, but I like [name]Benedict[/name] more. Although I’m not sure about using [name]Benedict[/name] because of the whole [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Arnold[/name] thing. But I think [name]Benedict[/name] Cumberbatch makes it more usable. :slight_smile: I actually like [name]Rory[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] a lot, though.

And I love [name]Rory[/name] [name]George[/name]! It’s too much “or” I think, but maybe if something split it up, like [name]Rory[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]George[/name] or [name]Rory[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]George[/name]…