Thoughts on Roscoe?

In thinking about R names for boys, I find myself going back and forth on [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] quite a bit. I’d love to get thoughts on it from people here.

Well I love [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]!

I’ve only ever known of one in real life and he went by a nickname. I didn’t know that was his name until he passed away. I worked with his daughter who is in her mid 50s now, so he would have been flirting with 80. I was so excited to hear of that being his name!

And controversial as this may be, growing up, the Dukes of [name_m]Hazzard[/name_m] was by far my favorite. [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] P. [name_m]Coltrane[/name_m] was impossible not to love.

Only good vibes from [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I enjoy [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] a bunch! I love the sound and look of it, and that you can get [name_f]Ro[/name_f], [name_u]Ozzy[/name_u], and [name_m]Oz[/name_m] from it as potential nicknames. Fairly certain I’ve never met one in real life, but I’d be very excited if I did (:

1 Like

i like it !! i think it’s handsome, with a cool vibe and fun nicknames!

1 Like

I love the name [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]! [name_u]Super[/name_u] cute, friendly, eccentric, and spunky💕

1 Like

First thing my brain did was go “Ra [name_m]Ra[/name_m] [name_m]Ra[/name_m] Rasputin Lover of the Russian Queen”
Besides that, I like it. [name_m]Ross[/name_m] is a cute NN from it aSwell!

1 Like

I go back and forth on [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], sometimes it feels old fashioned and fuzzy and warm. Other times its too…idk maybe like I would be trying too hard (just for me personally though) I dont really know how to describe it.

However its one boy name my husband and I can agree on. So we’ve talked about it, and if we ever used it we’d probably nn him [name_u]Rocky[/name_u], though I like [name_u]Ozzie[/name_u] too and [name_f]Roz[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] are two favorites.

I think it’s a fun, handsome name - immediately likeable and still with some gravitas. But like you, not sure I could go ahead and use it…maybe it’s just a little too scruffy for me.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] - such a friendly, charming, zippy name! Cool meaning and sound :slight_smile: (plus nn [name_f]Ro[/name_f], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], or Coco)

1 Like

Great name. Haven’t thought about it in ages.

1 Like

I was reading these responses like, this is such a lovely name, why don’t I like it? It’s got a great nature meaning, it was popular in the 1800s, it has cute nickname potential… Why is my instant reaction a ‘no’? What is the negative association?

I googled characters with the name. Turns out the entire reason I don’t like [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is that it’s the name of one of the nasty Dobermans in [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and Company. :joy:

So…consider me converted. I’m now a [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] fan :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]! Though I prefer the spelling [name_m]Rosco[/name_m]! It gives me lovely, autumny imagery! I would totally use it for my own little lad. I adore the nickname Coco!! It’s so sweet!

:fallen_leaf::honeybee::teddy_bear::sunflower::rooster::wood::hedgehog:

1 Like

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is a great name. Quite unusual here in the UK. So, yes if I were having a son, [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] would be a name on my list.