Thoughts on Sequoia?

We like it for it’s earthy connection since we live in Northern [name]California[/name], but is it too trendy or hipster sounding? Some suggestions for middle names? I think I’d like something feminine and more classic.

[name]Sequoia[/name] is a quilty pleasure of mine. It’s a member of the [name]Cypress[/name] tree family and I like [name]Cypress[/name] as a name too! It would certainly be a bold choice if you live in Northern [name]California[/name] but I think many people who are surrounded by beauty are attracted to nature names. I think one or two syllables names are best in the middle spot. Here are some mn suggestions.

[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Carmen[/name]

My friends son is named [name]Sequoia[/name]… I like it better on a boy.

Gives me the image of a Native American person. [name]Just[/name] like Pocahantas or that other one from history class that I can’t spell…Sackaja something.

I only know one person named [name]Sequoia[/name] and he is male and in his 30’s. He’s native american so it never struck me as trendy or hipster sounding on him. I’m not sure about the name on a girl though.

I think a lot of the classics sound good for middle names:
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Hate it, sorry. The only tree name that I like on a girl is [name]Laurel[/name].

I love it for boy or girl, but I am a huge fan of nature names. My only problem with this one is the Toyota SUV called the [name]Sequoia[/name]. They are all over the place, so I worry that that’s all people will think of when they hear it.

I adore [name]Sequoia[/name]! I was considering as a middle name, but it never seemed to fit in.

I like it, but it is kind of a bold choice [name]IMO[/name].

I like it too…and the Native American Lady is Sacajawea…
I guess this name would work on a girl too…I would be concerned about the fact that there is a car named this…it would annoy me for sure

Yeah, definitely a boy name. This is my #1 pick for my future son’s name. I can’t think of anything much more masculine than a majestic, giant redwood towering over everything in the forest. Also, “Koia” is a really cute nickname

I came across a young girl (about 7 or 8) with this name the other day, and was surprised to find that I really liked it on her. I think you just have to be prepared for people assuming you are hippies if you do use it!

I just think ‘tree’, or ‘car’. (BTW, I have the same problem with ‘[name]Sierra[/name]’ - it’s a make of 4WD vehicle, here in Australia. Perhaps not in the US.)

I know a native American girl named [name]Sequoia[/name] Str0ngh0urse who is 3 and a 2 year old girl non native named sequoia rose. I like it.

Haha my obsession used to be [name]Sequoia[/name].

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I love it- We know three little girls named [name]Sequoia[/name] (in our very hippy circle of friends!), ages 9, 7, and 2. Very sweet name.

I would pair it with a sweet and shot middle name:

[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]