Thoughts on some over the top names?

I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on my latest batch of over the top baby girl names! Are there any that you actually like?

1. [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] Deliverance
  2. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olivet[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u]
  10. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
3 Likes

hmm…I like a lot of the individual names! However some of the combos are just…overly religious for me. Like I love both [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] but together that’s too much.

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. Definitely going on my list :smiley:

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! Beautiful combos and I dont find them over the top.

I also really like [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] faves are [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f] (although I prefer [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]),[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f], and Charith [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]! It made me think of a little girl I know called [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f]! I really like the name [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], but that combo is a bit much for me.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

I like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f], I’m not sure if it is usable, but it’s really adorable. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f] and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] are nice. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is very sweet! [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] are stunning names, however, [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is too much for me.
I’m not a fan of [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], but I adore [name_f]Rosana[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]/[name_f]Roxanna[/name_f]. Would you consider [name_f]Rosana[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u]? [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Sheperd would be beautiful!

1. [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] Deliverance
    I love this. [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] is bold but i find it wearable - similar enough to [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Emily[/name_f] so Deliverance doesn’t seem too much. [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] might be more wearable though

2. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f]
    Vibrant and ott but [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is familiar enough and I think it brings balance

3. [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f]
    Very usable. There’s a vintage charm about it mixed with the surprise of [name_f]Promise[/name_f]

4. [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
    Bubbly and sweet

5. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f]
    I’m not a fan of either name but they work together

6. [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olivet[/name_f]
    I’d probably so [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] but I think this is usable. [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], though bold, is easy to say and has plenty of familiar sounds and nicknames

7. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
    Feels a tad descriptive but it works

8. [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
    [name_u]Love[/name_u] love this! [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is such a happy sounding name

9. [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u]
    It verges on over the top but i think it could work

10. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
    I’ve never considered [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] on a girl but I’m kind of liking it

I think [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] sounds pretty, even though I normally don’t care for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]. I also quite like [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] and think [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f] is beautiful.

1 Like

I actually like a LOT of the names on your list! That being said, I’m not necessarily the best person to ask about over the top names, because there’s not so many that I think are truly too “out-there” haha!

The only ones I don’t care for are [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. With [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], it’s just a name I’ve never personally come around to, I don’t think it’s out there, really. A PP also brought out a good point about it sounding descriptive with [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. To me, [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] sounds like cherish being said with a lisp, which is my aversion to it. Though it does sound rather sweet with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. And [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is just very masculine to me. I don’t really mind certain male names given to girls ([name_m]Thomas[/name_m] would be a good example), but [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] just brings up very burly, masculine images for me, personally.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but I actually like all of the others! They’re not names I would necessarily use myself, just because I’m not a particularly “over the top” person & a lot of your choices have religious connotations and I’m not religious BUT I do think they’re really pretty. I think [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f] has a beautiful sound, and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] is probably my favourite overall and the most “wearable” combo on the list.

An absolutely beautiful and inspiring list!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is my favourite - I love the happy, uplifting feel she has!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f], [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olivet[/name_f], and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] Deliverance - I loooove [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]! I know it’s not everyones cup of tea, but I just think its so beautiful. I think [name_f]Essie[/name_f] is such a cute nickname, but I also like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I dont really like Deliverance as a name though. I like a pp’s suggestion of [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] instead!
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f] - [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is very pretty. I prefer just [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] though, I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Divine[/name_f].
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f] - I’ve never really liked the name [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], sorry! Thats just a personal preference though, I know a lot of people love it. I also dont like [name_u]Anne[/name_u] as a middle name. Something feels off with the flow, too.
[name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - this one is adorable! Although I personally prefer [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f], but that’s mostly because I really love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] - this is great! I absolutely love seeing [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] being used, and I think both [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] are super cute nicknames. [name_f]Glory[/name_f] isnt my favorite, but it flows nicely with [name_f]Winifred[/name_f].
[name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olivet[/name_f] - this is stunning! I love [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], though I personally prefer it on a boy. I think it’s very pretty next to [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] though, and [name_f]Olivet[/name_f] ties it up nicely!
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - this is so pretty and cute. I love the imagery it gives off, and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is one of my favorite names.
[name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - not a big fan of [name_f]Cherith[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is beautiful! (and thats my favorite spelling of it!)
[name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u] - very pretty. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea of [name_u]Glow[/name_u] as a middle name, and [name_f]Sanna[/name_f] is a gorgeous nickname (I do prefer [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u], though!!).
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - I really like the idea of [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] on a girl! gives off very cool vibes. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a nice name, though a bit overused in the middle spot.

Overall, your names are very pretty! I do agree with a pp that they might be slightly overly religious though.

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] Deliverance - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this! Not a huge fan of Deliverance, but it goes well with [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f], which I’ve always liked.

2. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f] - [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] would be much nicer, IMO. [name_f]Divine[/name_f] gives me creepy vibes. It’s a word that should be used to describe food, not people.

3. [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Promise[/name_f] - Pretty, not my style, but pretty. [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] has always had bratty imagery for me, and it’s not great when coupled with “[name_u]Corny[/name_u]”.

4. [name_f]Jubilee[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - Cute! Wordy, but I think it works. Bilee would be an adorable nickname!

5. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] - Oh, I like this a lot! I don’t really care for either name on its own ([name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is great, just NMS, I like the nn [name_f]Winry[/name_f]) but together… Wow!

6. [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olivet[/name_f] - Pretty! I’m not sure how I feel about [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], but it’s sweet with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

7. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - I pretty much adore every month/day name there is to adore, and this is no exception! Right amount of sunny and sophisticated.

8. [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - Personally, I’d reverse the order. To me, [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] sound like someone saying [name_f]Cherish[/name_f] with a lisp. [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], however, I really like!

9. [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f] [name_u]Glow[/name_u] - [name_f]My[/name_f] love for [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] does not extend to this name. Hose is just… Ugh, and [name_u]Glow[/name_u] is ugh as well.

10. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - Cute, not particularly over-the-top, though, haha! [name_f]My[/name_f] brother’s name is close to [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], so it’s always weird to see it here. He wears it well, though, so I’m sure a girl could!

Thanks, everyone! I’m glad some of them are semi-usable. I’ve been really into Biblical and more unusual names recently, rather than my usual [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] style.

1 Like

I actually like all the names in your combo except Deliverance. All I can think of is that movie with [name_m]Burt[/name_m] [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m]. [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] is lovely though and you could always steal a name from [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and have [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] [name_f]Divine[/name_f] instead!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites from your list would be [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Olivet[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a little bit of trivia that feels apt today:
The UK prime minister welcomed a baby boy yesterday - only one of three babies to ever be born to a serving prime minister. The second one was a few years ago when [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Cameron[/name_u]’s wife had a little girl while on holiday in Cornwall. To honour the area where she was born little [name_f]Florence[/name_f] was given the middle name [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] after the villiage of St. [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]! It just recently made it to my list.