Thoughts on Stevie? For a girl?

[name_u]Stevie[/name_u] is another girls name I think is really cute with a feminine middle name :slight_smile:

My partner and I both have fathers called [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. What are your honest thoughts?

If [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks can pull it off, so can a modern little girl. I think it’s quite cute and ages well. Works great as an honor.

I think it’s way too boyish, why not save it for a son? Unlike pp, I don’t think it ages well; it might be cute on a four year old, but it might not be as cute when she’s 45.

I like it a lot, it reminds me of [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks, who is as cool as you can get.

I love it! So spunky and cool :smiley: If you’re not sure about using it, maybe call her [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and use [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] as a nickname, that way she has a formal name and can chose which she prefers to go by as she gets older.

I love [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]!!! She’s on my short list at the moment as a standalone name (as I don’t like the name [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]). The [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks association is a huge positive for me, but I also really like the name [name_f]Andie[/name_f] for a girl so clearly tomboyish nicknames don’t bother me. I’d love to meet a little girl named [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], although I’d hope she had a more feminine nickname e.g [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

In addition to [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks, there’s a youtuber called [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Boebi and I think she wears it quite well

I hate it for a boy so it doesn’t help me to see it on a little girl :confused: I find it very boyish and not classy. Sorry.

I find [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] very boyish and not classy. Sorry.

^ The claws are out lol.

I don’t like it, but it’s not awful. But I just think of [name_m]Steve[/name_m]… and then I think of middle-aged men who spend their weekends in pub gardens drinking beer from the tap with their wife beaters on, moaning about their other halves who sit at home miserable as sin. Rather descriptive but that’s pretty much it lol.

I can’t deny that it isn’t cool though, it is ([name_u]Stevie[/name_u], not [name_m]Steve[/name_m]!)

Totally agree with this.

Thank you very much everyone for your opinions :slight_smile: I am so indecisive of the name because i have never met a little girl (now days) called [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]. I feel its a little different as everyone is going for very old fashioned names. Maybe a girly middle name like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would be sweet. However, i dont think my partner is too keen. He seems to think naming a girl after her 2 grandfathers is cruel haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Once a little girl has a name and personality to go with it, i think thats when the name will be lovely :slight_smile:

xx

[name_u]Stevie[/name_u] is super cute for a little girl! Still I would prefer it as a nickname… Something besides [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] perhaps? Maybe you could get there with a first and middle- [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be cute! Can’t think of other ideas right now :confused:

I’m usually not into typical boys names on girls, but I do like this one. [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] reminds me of a super cool, outgoing girl :slight_smile:

I met a [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] as an adult and I thought she wore it well! She had a much more traditionally feminine middle and went by both in social settings and social media and what not.

Did you know her middle name? :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] on a girl! Always reminds me of Saddle Club and [name_m]Pine[/name_m] Hollow’s [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u] - and she’s my favourite character from that series!

Hey now, everyone can have their own opinions. Part of what makes this site so great is that we are name lovers from all walks of life and backgrounds, and can share our opinions on names (usually) without people getting all crappy over what somewhat else thinks. If you like a name, fantastic. If someone doesn’t, that’s just as fine. If someone asks for opinions on a name, not everyone is going to reply back that they love it. That’s life. Now then, moving on…

I’m not too great of a name of [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for either gender. I remember watching the movie “I Know My First Name is [name_m]Steven[/name_m]”, which tells the true-life story of young kidnap victim [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Stayner. While he was a male, that association has made it hard for me to think of [name_m]Steven[/name_m]/[name_u]Stevie[/name_u] positively. I apologize for this, as I realize it is unfair to pass judgement on a name due to my own personal connotations of said name. Aside from that association, though, I just don’t find it an appealing name on a girl. As someone else mentioned, have you considered saving the name for a possible son? Quite honestly, if you are still wanting to use this for a girl, regardless of whether or not you just use [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] or make it short for something (pp’s suggestion of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is very beautiful!), enough people get the [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks association that they will probably think it is cool. So you probably would be safe with the general opinion. The fact that it honors the grandfathers is very sweet, by the way.

I actually love it for a girl. No need to use a longer form, honestly. [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks is a solid enough reference for it as a feminine given name. Plus there are lots of little Evies, Eves, Evas etc.

My initial thought was of [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] from the show Saddle Club haha :slight_smile: I like it a lot!!

I actually find it really dated, mostly because I used to watch the Saddle Club when I was a kid. I like the suggestion of something like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]. Either way, it’s a completely legitimate name and it honours two important people in both you and your partner’s life, so I don’t think you could really go wrong.