Thoughts on Stevie? For a girl?

The only [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] I know is 46 and I so pulls it off pretty well so I disagree with the posters who don’t think it ages well, especially since [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is a pretty common name. I also grew up with the saddle club (though I always found it pretty dated as I knew mums with the names of all the main characters) so to me it’s clearly feminine

It’s also currently a top 1000 name for girls at 988 and doesn’t chart for boys, so it’s not like she’s would be the only [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], she’d probably come across a few others.

My father named me [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] and I was named after [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks. [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] is my full name and not an abbreviation. I absolutely love my name and get compliments on it all the time. It’s definitely a unique and memorable name for a girl and I’ve yet to personally meet another [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] chick! I think if your father’s name is [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] then [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for your daughter would be a wonderful way of honoring him…Good luck with the search!

My name is Steevi ( same pronunciation as [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]). I’ve had mixed reactions to it throughout my life. The usual comments: “Did your parents want a boy?” , “Did your parents love [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks?”, or sometimes just an eye-roll… I have always been more of a girly girl, so people have sometimes been a little shocked when they hear my name. Now at the age of 30, I’m finally comfortable and confident with it…and if people have a problem with it now, I just roll my eyes at them :rolleyes:

I think it’s so unique and fun! And in her generation not many people will have a clue who [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks is so I don’t think she’ll have to deal with that connection much.

I like [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for a girl, and I usually don’t care for masculine names. [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] is just so spunky.

I actually have a little neighbor named [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]! She is adorable and it suits her perfectly!

To me it sounds very dated to the late 80’s/early 90’s and I personally don’t think it ages well knowing a [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]-[name_f]Lea[/name_f] who is now 23.

I grew up with The Saddle Club too, so can easily see [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] on a girl. In the series her full name was [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] but she hated it so always went by [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] works both as a standalone or as a nickname for [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] or something like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a PP suggested. I like that it would honour both sides of the family.

I don’t like it as a full name. But I tend to not like names that sounds like nicknames. Works as a nickname for [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], as already suggested. I also am not a fan of masculine sounding names for girls. And I am not a [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks fan lol. So maybe I am just the wrong person to be commenting :stuck_out_tongue:

You already have so many opinions, and you don’t need mine, but here it is anyway! :slight_smile: I think it’s adorable. I don’t think you need a full name to justify calling her [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]. I imagine a very approachable girl who is fun to be around and kind when I think of a [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]! Go for it. What a wonderful way to honor people you love.

I’m not a fan of girls having traditionally male names. That’s my opinion. However, there is a female [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] on the shown Schitt’s Creek.

I actually work with a girl named [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] and she pulls it off very well. I think it’s spunky and cute and it honors your family members so that’s a bonus.

Thank you everyone. I am loving your opinions. It is definately not a name i would generally pick but it is growing on me and it honours our fathers :slight_smile: Much better than using ‘[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]’. I do struggle with seeing an older woman with the name [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] but what the hell… I also don’t see an [name_f]Indie[/name_f], [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f] being an older woman either :stuck_out_tongue:

Go for stephine, and nick name stieve. Than she has a choice!

On its own [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] isn’t really my style (I see it as one of the [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Bobbi[/name_f], [name_f]Ricki[/name_f] crowd). I do remember reading a book a long time ago where the main character was [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] nn. [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], so maybe you could get there via a longer name which would give your daughter the option when she’s older of something more formal, or as a previous poster said, something more feminine to fit her (potential) style.

I also like the idea of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]–a name with the same sounds that you could get [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] from. However, if you [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], then disregard all of this and go for it. My opinion really doesn’t matter, yours is what counts.

I love [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] on a girl and I don’t think you would have any issues with it, especially with the [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks association. Unlike some others, I think it ages well.

I generally dislike nn as first names and unisex/crossovers, but I would support going with [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for you. It is nice on it’s own, and it has a big family connection. I think that if you have men you want to honor, you should do it! Life is unpredictable, this may be your one naming shot. No regrets. I’d choose [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] for her with a more feminine middle.

I like it, especially with a feminine middle name, and can totally see it on a little girl, and an adult as well. :slight_smile:
([name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] is kind of vanilla imo.)