Thoughts on Tessa

What are your opinions and imagery of [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]?

I have been kind of liking it lately. A combination I have is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. Any suggestions for a middle name would be greatly appreciated

I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I’m not great at middles but I really like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] but not fussed if [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] with it. [name_m]How[/name_m] about…
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Alannah[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

I think you will get a lot of love for [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] here, but I am not a fan. It is not my style. It isn’t something I hate though. It has an obvious spelling, pronunciation, and is a legit name. I am not sure what it is, I think it is simply the sound. I think [name_f]Essie[/name_f] is cute for a nickname, but I just can’t bring myself to like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. It isn’t an awful unusable name by any means, just not my cup of tea.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is ok. I don’t love it, don’t hate it. I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] flows much better. [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] feels disruptive instead of a smooth flow from [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] into [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. I do really like [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], and prefer the y spelling.

I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I think the flow of [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] isn’t the best; but it’s super pretty!

I lovelovelove [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! She’s super sweet. I seem to have waffled between [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and just [name_f]Tess[/name_f] for years, and I do like both, but right now I definitely prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] right now. I think she’s adorable.

I imagine “my” [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] to have wavy light brown hair, bright blue eyes, a quick grin, and the kindest, most giving heart. I see her sort of mirroring a lot of my interests–reading, playing piano, maybe an interest in chemistry or astronomy and writing. She’s the one I see trailing after me, helping the homeless, begging to go on mission trips, hugging crying children and promising distraught people that everything will be okay. She is very happy all the time, super ticklish and giggly. She has both a shy side and a super friendly side, and is very huggy and affectionate. She’s probably very intuitive, too.

For some reason, I’m not hugely fond of [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], although they are pretty names separately. I’m not sure why. Then again, I’m super picky about [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], and have only found two combos that semi-interest me–[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u].

Good luck!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] because it’s so sweet and simple yet really sleek and modern at the same time.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] :slight_smile:

She has dark, slightly wavy hair (could also be a feathery light brown) just touching her shoulders. She’s small and slight and shy and wears green and orange. Mainly green. Baggy jumpers, leggings, tunics, and green. She loves the forest and if she was an animal she’d be a deer, with her hair and her build and her enormous hazel/golden-brown eyes. She might be a squirrel, too, or a wren. She loves animals, and they love her. She’ll cup her freckled hands round a steaming cup of fragrant tea and sit on the red couch she’s had for years and think.

Someone on Nameberry, can’t remember who, has a daughter called [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], which I think is simply exquisite. I would consider [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] for a future daughter, and perhaps [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f], with the nickname [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - I like the combo, the names, and the flow, but [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] doesn’t quite fit. It’s wrong for [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] somehow - like, it’s too pale-lilac to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]'s deep-olive-bright-green, or it has a too broad/“clunky”-but-not-clunky/spread out colour aura to it that doesn’t complement [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]'s aura as much as it might. I think it might be the ‘dolen’ - it’s too ‘grounded’ or ‘solid’ or ‘hard’ or whatever. (And yet just [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] is dainty and fairy-like.) [name_f]IMO[/name_f] anyway! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] has that delicate/vintage/say-it-lightly-or-it-will-break quality that [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] has, yet its darker lilac colour/purple-blossom imagery sets [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] off better than [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]'s does, and sounds and looks lovely with it.

Other middle names/combos:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f]*

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Judithe[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]*

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]*
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]*
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]*
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]*

@ashthedreamer’s [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] are fabulous. Maybe [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?