Thoughts on the following spelling of the name Remi

I know there are a few ways to spell [name_u]Remi[/name_u] but one that is growing on me is spelling it like Wremy idk I like it but is it too much?

Wremy looks awkward to me - a blend of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] that doesn’t quite sit comfortably

2 Likes

Wremy looks like ree-me to me and is really not the most pleasant spelling (reminds me of wriggly and creamy). I really like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_u]Remi[/name_u] but really not a fan of Wremy.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first instinct would be to pronounce it “vremy”. I doesn’t look very attractive.

I can’t say I like Wremy. I love [name_u]Remy[/name_u] for a little boy but Wremy looks extremely awkward and, as others have said, looks like it should be said vrem-mee or ree-mee. It also makes me think of the word ‘wormy’, which isn’t hugely appealing obviously.

1 Like

Wremy makes me think of Writhing and Worms :grimacing:

1 Like

i’d be worried that spelling it wremy would be a bit of an inconvenience practically, if the name would be used on a child. as others said i’d struggle a little seeing it as just remy

Dreadful and rheumy.