Thoughts on the MN Swift

Okay this one is kinda out there…so I’ve been a [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] superfan forever and I want to honor that in my name list. While I have names that elude to some of her songs, I wonder if [name_m]Swift[/name_m] could work in the MN spot.
[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name is a last name so I don’t think it’s super unusual although, [name_m]Swift[/name_m] is a word that imo doesn’t have many name-like qualities (which is why I’m putting it in the MN spot)
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s usable or does it sound too much like a sentence…
EX: [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] (almost sounds like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] swiftly…)
What do you think?

2 Likes

Paired with the right name I think it could be very dashing!!

(Coming from another T-[name_m]Swift[/name_m] [name_f]Fan[/name_f]) :rofl:
That being said, surnames are very popular lately!

2 Likes

I like it! Very cool but wearable.

Ooh, I actually really like it! I think it’s dashing (so to speak).

I think it could sound really cool in the right combo!

As long as the first name doesn’t start with a T, I think it’s fine!

3 Likes

If you find the right first name it could definitely work!

LOVE [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] :heart::heart::heart:

Swift is also a bird so I think it could work alongside [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_u]Lark[/name_u] etc. I see no reason particularly as a middle name that it could be a problem.

I also know a boy who goes by the name Swiftie (because his surname is also [name_m]Swift[/name_m])

3 Likes

I’m not personally a fan; sorry.

I’ve got some mixed feelings on this. I like the sound of [name_m]Swift[/name_m] - it’s a word, it’s a bird, it’s pretty good! But I do not like [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] and I worry about how a child would feel being named after her…

If you can get your partner to LIKE the name - not just a “sure” but a “yes, that’s a great idea!” - then I think that’s exactly the support you need to use this name. Because that’s the kind of support you’re going to need to have if your kid doesn’t like their middle name - a united front! :blush:

Also, I 100% second that their first name can’t start with T since the media regularly refers to her as T. [name_m]Swift[/name_m]. I honestly might even push for a first name that starts with a letter that doesn’t have an “ee” sound, though I know that’s a tall order. See what you can come up with though.

Can’t stand [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m], but the word/name is gorgeous! I think of the bird called swift.

Graham [name_m]Swift[/name_m] would be a gorgeous, poetic name.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Swift[/name_m] as a middle! How cool!

1 Like

I think it’s a cool middle name! Especially because it has the bird connection, too. I would agree that the first name shouldn’t begin with T, though.

(also, is your username from Blank Space? Fellow [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] fan here :joy:)

1 Like

agree on the T idea!
And yes it is! my name is rose so I thought it was fitting!!

1 Like

Love it. [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] could also work as a mn.

I like [name_m]Swift[/name_m]! It makes a fun virtue name, and almost feels like [name_u]Brave[/name_u] or [name_u]Valor[/name_u] or [name_u]Noble[/name_u] or [name_u]Justice[/name_u].

Graham [name_m]Swift[/name_m] is really nice. I think just about anything would work with [name_m]Swift[/name_m], and honestly, even something like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] doesn’t scream [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] to me? I think it’s super fun. :heart:

I mean it’s a middle name so I definitely think you can get away with more unconventional choices there. Because outside government documents not a lot of people are going to know anyway.

That being said, I do find it a bit of a weird thing to name someone specifically after a person. I feel the same way about tattooing your SO name. Like, you may not always feel the same way about them, you know. People are fallible. And I know this may be a weird thing to say considering my username and all but I made it a bajillion years ago and I can’t fix it sooooo.

I also think you do something like [name_m]Ronan[/name_m].

1 Like

I read the title and thought “that reminds me of [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]” and then read your description :joy:

I think it could work as a middle name! I agree with everyone saying that it would depend on the first name for how well it worked together. I don’t love it with [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. I think it works well with [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] or [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]