Thoughts on the name Alameda?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries! I am curious to know your thoughts on the name [name]Alameda[/name]. This name is Spanish and I believe it means “cottonwood tree”. I know my husband would never go for it, but I would love to hear it on a little girl.

What do you think of it? What about possible nicknames?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It is pretty in a clunky way. Nicknames [name]Ala[/name], [name]Allie[/name], [name]Meda[/name] would all be nice, maybe some others could work like [name]Ammie[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Mia[/name].

Have you seen the 4th [name]Star[/name] Trek movie? There are some pretty hilarious lines featuring a town by that name…the name immediately evokes that for me, and certainly would for any Trekkies (I don’t identify as such, but do love that one particular film and enjoy the other series). It’s nothing negative, but it is a reaction I think some people would have to the name.

All best!

I don’t really care for it. I used to live in the [name]Bay[/name] Area, and I associate it heavily with the city [name]Alameda[/name], [name]California[/name]; I just can’t think of it as a name. It does have a lovely meaning.