Thoughts on the name Alev?

I was going through my old character names and found my old name crush [name]Alev[/name] (AH-lehv, kinda like [name]Olive[/name]), a Turkish given name (meaning flame) for females, and I think I might be falling for it again…

Comment your thoughts on this name and whether or not I should use it!

2 Likes

I like it. All Alevs I know are strong, bad*ss people. You should use it if you like it!

1 Like

I like the sound, but I would assume an Alev was male so I prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f].

I like the name but expected it to be male when I saw it.

Along with
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
Alled
[name_m]Alan[/name_m] etc.

Alev is super intriguing! I like it :slight_smile:

I like the sound! and for a character it would be awesome! On a real baby it might be problematic (at least in the US) it would constantly be misheard as [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and for me personally the spelling is too similar to Aleve the medicine brand. However outside of the US or [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking countries I think it would be beautiful.

It sounds pretty masculine to me, but I like it: :slight_smile: The pronunciation was initiative to me. A good alternative to [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] & all the variants.

I like the name, but because I was unfamiliar, I thought it was for a boy. I think it’s cool!