Thoughts on the name August

What do you think of August? Is it better if the baby is born in August or not in August? What about if the father is called Gustav? Are they too close/would you assume a deliberate connection?

August is a…

• Good name
  • Bad name

0 voters

August is…

• better if the baby is born in August
  • better if the baby is NOT born in August
  • the same regardless of which month the baby was born in

0 voters

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] on a boy! It’s a well-established name now so it wouldn’t matter if the baby wasn’t born in [name_u]August[/name_u].

The connection isn’t sudden for me.

[name_u]August[/name_u] is a wonderful, warm name -gentle but strong. I think it works all year round and while I might assume [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u] were deliberately connected, they stand alone and separarely enough

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] connection I may catch after a bit, assume it was intentional, and think it was cute. It’s certainly not a bad thing imo. Better if not in august- but only because I give doctors info so often I might personally think it was funny to say “August [xx] born [name_u]August[/name_u] [x], 2022.”

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and get very similar vibes as Greyblue said above - warm, gentle, and strong. For me, it will forever be associated with the movie [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Rush[/name_m], which I adore. I get warm autumnal colors from this name, like russet and gold, as well as the feeling of cool blustery days.

I don’t think the month of the year has any bearing on whether the name is usable, as it’s much more common than, say, [name_u]December[/name_u].

I also think the oblique connection between [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] is really sweet. I think it would only enhance the name choice rather than detract from it!