Thoughts on the name Emeraude?

Hello, berries!
Well! Here I am again, but this time it’s about a different name. What are your honest opinions on the name [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f]?
I have decided against [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] as a nn for fear that they will get lost among the millions of [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Emma[/name_f]’s, other [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Emily[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Mia[/name_f]’s, and other names that sound similar, so I decided to use [name_f]Aura[/name_f]… is that to far out?
So, my final question is this. What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f]?

1 Like

I honestly thought “am I rude” when I said the name. I don’t have a super strong opinion either way, I can see the appeal but it just seems… complicated? That being said people would get used to it and [name_f]Aura[/name_f] is a cute nickname :slight_smile: I don’t think it’s too far off.

1 Like

I think it sounds odd in [name_f]English[/name_f], especially in a non-[name_u]French[/name_u] accent. I prefer [name_f]Emerald[/name_f].

3 Likes

I agree with @futuremama, [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] just feels like it works more in my opinion. [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f] would be good as a middle though.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f]! It’s pretty and unexpected.

1 Like

I don’t like it personally, I think it’s fine as a middle but not as a first. Also bear in mind that you can’t control your child’s nickname. If she picks [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] or something similar, would you be upset/disappointed? If you like [name_f]Aura[/name_f], it’d work perfectly fine on its own, not to mention it’s easier in day to day life. Also like someone else’s suggestion of [name_f]Emerald[/name_f].

2 Likes

@lucyxo I wouldn’t be disappointed, if she went by Emmy. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is great, also.

I agree that each person should choose their own nickname, but you can also have two different nicknames. If someone says not to call them a nickname then don’t but I think it’s okay to have a fun nickname other than your regular nickname or name :wink:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f]!!! I have always loved [name_f]Audra[/name_f] as a nickname and I think [name_f]Aura[/name_f] is super cute!!

1 Like

Emeraude has such a lovely meaning and unique sound

1 Like

Emeraude is so beautiful!

1 Like

I find it difficult to say without a [name_u]French[/name_u] accent, which is something that I require if choosing a foreign name/word. It has to be pronounceable in my good ol’ Midwestern accent without sounding butchered or like I’m forcing a different accent.

1 Like

I like it, but I’m not sure how it would sound pronounced by [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking Americans. Somehow I can imagine it more easily on a British child. It’s such a lovely name, I’d hate to see it get butchered by people who don’t know how to pronounce it.

1 Like

I love it, but I think it would be more usable irl as a middle name.

1 Like