Thoughts on the name Flynn in the U.S.?

Hi! Awww, another [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Congrats! Are you in the U.S.? What has the feedback been so far? Most people I’ve spoken to seem to really like the name. Yes, we have kept the name [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] for now although I’ll admit that I’m still having doubts about it even though our son is almost 2 months old. I still have days where I think about changing it but I’m scared to. :frowning: What were your doubts about the name originally? I’m glad they are fading! I’m hoping mine will too with some more time.

I the name [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], it’s long been on my boys list. I’m in the southern US. I think of the golden age actor [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_m]Errol[/name_m]. I would definitely class it as masculine. If anything, it’s a dapper cool guy, and could maybe even go as a cowboy type name. It’s dignified and handsome to me.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words about [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]! It’s great to hear from someone in the [name_u]South[/name_u]. I’m in [name_u]Texas[/name_u] and have been curious about people’s perceptions of the name seeing as it’s so uncommon. I love that your perception of the name is a “dapper cool guy”…that is exactly what I used to think about the name before my doubts kicked in. I just wish I could go back to thinking about the name that way and not worry about these other things. It’s just hard to know if my doubts will fade over time or if I should just change the name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] to [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]? Which one do you think sounds better with siblings [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f]), & [name_u]Austin[/name_u]…especially [name_u]Austin[/name_u]?

I prefer [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] to [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] every single time. I see [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] as exceedingly handsome and yes, very dapper. I think it goes better with [name_u]Austin[/name_u] (similar vibe) and the rest of your kids names. Keep [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]!!

2 Likes

Flynn and [name_u]Austin[/name_u] are a great pair! I LOVE [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], it’s very handsome. I much prefer [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] to [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] although they do both go well with [name_u]Austin[/name_u].

Hope this helps.

Hey found the right forum, did you keep [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]?

Hi! [name_f]My[/name_f] son’s name is still [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] but to be honest, I still think about changing it at times. I’ve been considering “[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]” lately but my son is 6 months old now and I worry it’s getting too late to change it. I really don’t know what to do…I still go back and forth a lot. sigh

I’m from the southern US. I like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] a lot, I think it’s quite masculine. No I didn’t hear [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] in it. I think it matches his brothers name perfectly. I don’t think you should change it. It’s unique and the world deserves more Flynns.