Thoughts on the NN Annie

Does [name]Annie[/name] age well? [name]Do[/name] you immediately associate [name]Annie[/name] with little girls? Is there a certain age at which [name]Annie[/name] should go back to her full name?

I know an [name]Annie[/name] who is 23 and just got married. That’s who I think of and its not weird to me at all :smiley: I honestly don’t even know if she has a name other than that.

I can imagine an [name]Annie[/name] of any age (I know of 15 and 18 year old Annies) but I think she definitely need a full name to use professionally or of she gets tired of having a cutesy nickname. The Annies I know are [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Anne[/name].

I love the nickname/name [name]Annie[/name]! I think it’s so sweet. :slight_smile:
I think it would age just fine but if she thought she outgrew it, she could change it anytime she wanted.
I know a girl whose name is just [name]Annie[/name], but I like it better as a nickname. There are tons of options:
[name]Anna[/name]/[name]Ana[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]/[name]Ann[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]/[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Anabel[/name]
And I’m sure there are more.

I love [name]Annie[/name]! So cute! Fits any age, honestly.

A good friend of mine is in her early 30s and is called [name]Annie[/name] (birth name [name]Anne[/name]). [name]Annie[/name] fits her much better than does [name]Anne[/name] - she is fun and spunky and full of life. I think its a great name no matter what one’s age!

I love [name]Annie[/name], and I think it works on an adult, but I do feel it’s a name that need a full name behind it. It’s a nickname only to me. Besides the usual suspects, my favorite ways to get to [name]Annie[/name] are [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Antonia[/name], and [name]Anastasia[/name].

I agree that [name]Annie[/name] works for any age (remember [name]Annie[/name] Potts?) I also agree that it needs a “resume” name behind it. I’ve always like [name]Annette[/name].

Because of the people I know who are named [name]Annie[/name] I associated the name with someone who is plain looking, a little introverted, but has somewhat of a spicy personality, hard to get to know, and when you do get to know them they tend to get on your nerves all the time.

Thank you for your insight, Berries!