Thoughts on Thea Elise?

A girl at work told me her daughter’s name was [name_f]Thea[/name_f], and I was reminded how beautiful that name is! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s too similar to [name_f]Mia[/name_f], which is hubbie’s niece’s name? It’s difficult because between our two families most of my favourite names have already been taken! Surname is [name_m]Baker[/name_m].

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_m]Baker[/name_m] sounds lovely! I do think it does sound a bit too close to [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. Perhaps use a long name when you are with your family, and call her [name_f]Thea[/name_f] elsewhere? Maybe you’ll like some of these:
[name_f]Anthea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthea[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
Kinthia
[name_f]Lethia[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Timothia[/name_f]

It doesn’t matter if it rhymes with [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. It’s very pretty.

It’s gorgeous!
I wouldn’t worry about it being similar to [name_f]Mia[/name_f]–the two are very different to me.

While [name_f]Thea[/name_f] isn’t really my thing, it is a very nice name, and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_m]Baker[/name_m] sounds good. I wouldn’t worry too much about [name_f]Mia[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] together, as they’re only cousins. If they were sisters, I would say no, but I think cousins is fine. If I had been a boy there was a pretty high likelihood that I would have been named [name_u]Michael[/name_u], which is also my cousin’s name, and my dad shares a name with his cousin, so I don’t think it would be too big of a deal.

Good luck!

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is beautiful! I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but [name_f]Thea[/name_f] doesn’t have to be short for anything.

Beautiful choice! I wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Mia[/name_f].

[name_m]Just[/name_m] reiterating that [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is lovely. I agree about not worrying about cousin [name_f]Mia[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] in theory, but I find it hard to say out loud without over-enunciating to keep the two names separate. The similarity with [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is no big deal — too close for siblings, maybe, but fine for cousins since they’re not even spelled the same way.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_m]Baker[/name_m] sounds like a silent film star (subconsciously I’m thinking of [name_f]Theda[/name_f] [name_f]Bara[/name_f] :slight_smile: ); I love it.

I wouldn’t worry one bit about [name_f]Thea[/name_f] rhyming with [name_f]Mia[/name_f].

I adore the both the name [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and the name [name_f]Elise[/name_f], so I love the combination. I wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Mia[/name_f] either, as many other people have said already. [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_m]Baker[/name_m] also sounds nice!

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] is a lovely choice. If she had a sister named [name_f]Mia[/name_f] that would be too close, but a husband’s niece’s name I would consider irrelevant. The only thing about [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is that the names run together when I say them: [name_f]Thea[/name_f]-lees.

I think it’s lovely. [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_m]Baker[/name_m] might flow better, but [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is great.

As a mother to a [name_u]Theo[/name_u] I have to say I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and am a bit sad I can’t use it as I’m now expecting a girl! It’s timeless and classic and also not overly common. Go for it!

I think [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f] are too similar. Also, I feel like [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is too short and nickname like. I like [name_f]Therese[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Baker[/name_m].

Thanks for all your feedback! I think as they’ll not be together all that often, it’s not too big a deal. Plus [name_f]Thea[/name_f] has a totally different feel to [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. More ethereal less popular. It’s a new favourite I think! Xx