Thoughts on these French girls names?

I found these while searching the internet for rare french girls names and here is the list.

Rare [name_u]French[/name_u] Girls Names (at least I think they’re rare):
Charlesia
[name_f]Felicienne[/name_f]
Cyprienne
Arthemise
[name_m]Leonide[/name_m]
Odille
[name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f]
[name_m]Apollinaire[/name_m]
Leoncie
[name_f]Alphonsine[/name_f]

What do you think? Would you use them?

9 Likes

I have [name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f] and Léonide on my list! And [name_m]Apollinaire[/name_m] on my boys’ list :slight_smile: They’re really nice names

1 Like

Ooh I never new [name_m]Apollinaire[/name_m] was used for boys too! The only [name_m]Apollinaire[/name_m] I knew was female.

I think they are beautiful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love vintage [name_u]French[/name_u] names.
I especially like:
[name_f]Felicienne[/name_f]
Cyprienne
Arthemise :heart_eyes:
[name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alphonsine[/name_f]

I’m not sure if I could use them because of pronunciation issues (other than as middle names). They would get butchered where I live, sadly.

1 Like

I love Odille!!!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Felicienne[/name_f] and Cyprienne!

1 Like

I like Arthemise but I wouldn’t use it.

1 Like

i love leonide, odille and leoncie!

1 Like

[name_f]Felicienne[/name_f], Leoncie and [name_f]Alphonsine[/name_f] are lovely!

1 Like

@ethelMary~~~~~~~~~~~~ :slight_smile:

1 Like

i love so many of these !!

my favourite is arthemise, which i adore, and would use in a heartbeat.

euphrasie, léonide, odile, apollinaire, léoncie, and alphonsine are also on my lists, and i really like them.

1 Like

Cyprienne, Odille, Leoncie, and Arthemise are all absolutely stunning!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f].

1 Like

I love Léonide so much.

1 Like

[name_f]Felicienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f] are so pretty! They’re very sophisticated and chic names!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Odile[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Felicienne[/name_f], [name_m]Leonide[/name_m], [name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f], and Leoncie!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Odile[/name_f]!

1 Like

I LOVE Felicienne!!! I pronounce it (fuh-liss-ee-enne/fuh-lees-ee-enne). It’s one of my favourite rare names, also love the meaning, I would definitely use it with the nn. [name_f]Lici[/name_f].

Odille has been wrecked for me by [name_u]Swan[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u], I do love [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] though which comes from the same origin and [name_f]Odette[/name_f] also used in [name_u]Swan[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u].

[name_f]Euphrasie[/name_f] and Leoncie are cute, I’m not wild about the others.

1 Like