thoughts on these middle names for Mabel?

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
(“lovable” “energetic”)

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
(“lovable” “noble”)

Which of these two combinations do you think sound better? I like [name]Amelia[/name] but I’m afraid it’s a little too much with the “M” sound. We have a 3-syllable last name

forgot to mention… we’d love a classic “A” name for the middle… our first daughter has [name]Anne[/name] as her MN

I like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], it’s cute and classic. I find [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Alice[/name] really hard to say because of the near back-to-back L sounds. I love [name]Mabel[/name] by the way, awesome choice!

I like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] :wink:

Other suggestions:

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Ashlyn[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Ari[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Agatha[/name]

thanks! i like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] too, and I’m glad I’m not the only one. [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] is beautiful!

I was kind of hoping for a MN with a literary tie, hence the [name]Alice[/name]. My daughter’s MN [name]Anne[/name] is from anne of [name]Green[/name] Gables.

The only literary reference I can think of with [name]Amelia[/name] is [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Bedelia[/name]. Haha. remember those books?

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Bedelia[/name] is great! haha

Well [name]Aurora[/name] is the princess in Sleeping Beauty :slight_smile:

My mother-in-law’s name is [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Alice[/name], but I think [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] flows MUCH better. With a three-syllable last name, a one-syllable middle name may be technically ideal for overall flow of the name, but I think [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is a VERY pretty choice.

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is cute. [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Alice[/name] - I like it better but it’s kinda hard to pronounce quickly.
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Anice[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Anais[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] Ailey
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Aster[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] Aven
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Azalea[/name]

Thanks for the ideas! I’m eager to see what others have to add!!

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] (like [name]Willa[/name] Cather’s My [name]Antonia[/name]). [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is just beautiful, but amelia is also a medical term you may want to google. I hate to bring it up because [name]Amelia[/name] is such a gorgeous and historic name, but as an informed parent you should probably know… I was thinking of [name]Amelia[/name] for my daughter as well and was sorry to discover this during my research. I hope this site doesn’t hate me for bringing this up :frowning:

oh wow. yikes!

[name]Hi[/name]! I love [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] so much! (I read about the very sad medical condition, but because I associate [name]Amelia[/name] so strongly with being a first name, I’d still personally use it. That’s just me, though.) :slight_smile:

[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Annora[/name] (Oops! I just remembered you have an [name]Anne[/name] in the middle…I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables, by the way!)
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name] (not the best flow, but I still think it works…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

thank you! i like [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Augusta[/name]! unfortunately it sounds a little too heavy with our last name, which is uh, highly german sounding :wink:

I absolutely guaranty that if you name your child [name]Amelia[/name], she will be called Bedilia for her whole life. As in: “Good morning, Bedilia.” Or she will be called [name]Ophelia[/name]. Or mistakenly called [name]Amy[/name], [name]Emily[/name], or [name]Emmy[/name]. Or nicknamed something dreadful like [name]Mia[/name]. I love the name [name]Mabel[/name] and I think that [name]Amelia[/name] works in the middle. The [name]Amelia[/name] Bedilia books are great for language development in young children, but the character [name]Amelia[/name] Bedilia is really dumb, and no one wants to be a Bedilia forever. I really can’t believe how popular [name]Amelia[/name] is becoming. I used to be the only one!