Thoughts on these names please?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone :blush:

So, hubby and I are now trying for our second child and have already started to look at names. Please could you give truthful opinions on them . . thanks so much.

Girls:

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (Sylv or Vee for nn)
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] (Pen for nn)

Boys:

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u] (Zander for nn)
[name_u]Clarence[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u] (Mossy for nn)
[name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u] (Mossy for nn)

We already have an [name_u]Alma[/name_u] and call her Alms 50% of the time and feel a cute nickname is important hence why I have already thought of one for each combo lol. We have never regretted our daughters name and nobody ever misspells it or mispronounces it which is great too. I love unusual names but not ‘wacky’ ones. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Sylvie Joy is lovely and Penny Lilac is GORGEOUS!! Really love that combo and Pen is super cute

For the boys I like Jack Amos “Mossy” the best (not a huge fan of Clarence!) but you can’t go too wrong with any of these

1 Like

@october.sunflower thank you :relaxed:

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is my favorite!

2 Likes

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] are adorable!! I love both so much.

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u] is my favorite for the boy’s side, but I also like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u]!
[name_u]Clarence[/name_u] as a first isn’t my favorite, it feels a little old man-ish to me, but I don’t mind it in the middle, especially as an honor.

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with either of these! [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] would have to be my favourites.

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is stylish, sleek and cheerful too. It’s a pretty choice.

[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is super cute and fun, but I can see it maturing well too. [name_u]Pen[/name_u] is a wonderful nn

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u] - a grand and solid name, I just find [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] a bit dry and I don’t like how [name_u]Alma[/name_u] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] have the same beginning.

[name_u]Clarence[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u] - [name_u]Clarence[/name_u] is kind of classy and cool but clunky too. Mossy is fun, I also like [name_u]Ren[/name_u] and [name_u]Clancy[/name_u].

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u] - [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is snappy and solid, but doesn’t have much spark for me as I’ve met so many of them. Still, it’s a good option and Mossy brings some fun to it. Would [name_u]Amos[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] be an option?

A couple of suggestions with Alma…

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] “Dolly” “Dia” “Lia”
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] “Coco” “Cee” “Clo”
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] “Jules” “Jett”
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] “Edie”
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] “Liv”
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] “Phee” “Bee”
[name_u]Josie[/name_u] “Jo”
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] “Pip”
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] “Iggy” “Indy”

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] “Tris” “Stan”
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] “Ozzie”
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] “Flick”
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] “Mack” “Max” “Wells”
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] “Rocky”
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] “Jules”
[name_u]Leander[/name_u] “Anders” “Lee”
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] “Finn”

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] initial reaction

Summary

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] I’ve never been the biggest fan of However I can see the appeal. I really love [name_f]Joy[/name_f] as a middle name

[name_u]Penny[/name_u] I like more than [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] but still I’m not the biggest fan, but I love the kids names [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]

I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], very handsome but I don’t like [name_u]Clarence[/name_u]

[name_u]Clarence[/name_u] Again I’m not the biggest fan of [name_u]Clarence[/name_u]

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] I do like, despite it being popular I do think it’s a nice name, I don’t hate [name_u]Amos[/name_u] either, However I’m not the biggest fan of them together

Some suggestions:

Summary

Mablie
[name_f]Mable[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_u]Esme[/name_u]
Ehvie
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
Lailie
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pia[/name_f]
ilayda
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Promise[/name_u]
[name_f]Prim[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Avelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Roselle[/name_f]
[name_u]Lexi[/name_u]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
Phina
Serena/Serene
Senica
Sivalie
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_m]Sylvain[/name_m]
[name_u]Charles[/name_u]
Connall

1 Like

@Greyblue thank you :blush:

1 Like

@CashTheUnicorn thank you :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] & [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]— [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is my favorite, but you can’t go wrong with either!

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u]— [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite FN! I’m not opposed to the nickname [name_m]Zander[/name_m], but [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Alma[/name_u] might be a little much with aliteration, unless you know he’s going to be [name_m]Zander[/name_m] 90% of the time.

[name_u]Clarence[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u]— It sounds a little feminine, because of [name_f]Clarice[/name_f], even though they are unrelated. I prefer it as a MN, or not at all.

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u]— [name_f]My[/name_f] other favorite FN! This is my favorite from your boy’s list!

1 Like

Good luck with TTC [name_u]Journey[/name_u] :crossed_fingers:t4:

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] & [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is so bright, outdoorsy and whimsical. I’m a massive fan of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] she’s just very sweet ethereal choice with the wonderful meaning ‘from the forest’ I think [name_f]Joy[/name_f] makes a very pretty middle name. [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is just vintage [name_f]Joy[/name_f] in one name very sweet, fun and endearing. Really warm and cosy. I love [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] as Penny’s middle name. [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is such a sugary sweet nature name that again has cosy warm sound. I love both of these and I think the both work wonders with [name_u]Alma[/name_u]. If this one is a girl I would take both names into the delivery room and then decide which one she suits.

Some other girls names you may like could be
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Twyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearly[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Winika[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lettie[/name_f]

From the boys my two favourites I love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u] he’s very strong, timeless and handsome. I love [name_m]Zander[/name_m] as a nickname as well. I wouldn’t automatically pair [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] & [name_u]Alma[/name_u] together and I would be concerned that you could be limiting yourself when it comes to naming future children as they both begin with ‘a’ so you may find yourself stuck in a theme. Still had to comment about my love for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Clarence[/name_u]. I also love [name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Amos[/name_u]. I think as [name_u]Alma[/name_u] sister [name_u]Jack[/name_u] wins over [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is handsome, outdoorsy, wholesome and has a fun sunny disposition. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] works wonders with [name_u]Alma[/name_u]. I love how the four letters connect them so nicely together. [name_u]Amos[/name_u] is a very sweet middle name for [name_u]Jack[/name_u] an all round great combination.

Some other boy names you may like could be…

[name_u]Sonny[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]