Thoughts on these names?

Hello!

I would love your thoughts on these 2 names individually:
[name]William[/name] [name]Arden[/name] [name]Green[/name] ([name]Will[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] [name]Green[/name] ([name]Ollie[/name])

I have deliberately not told you any other information and would just like to hear your first impressions on reading the name (if you remember me try to pretend you don’t!!). What sort of person do you imagine on reading each name?

Thanks [name]Dahlia[/name] x

I like the first, not the second so much. It sounds too clunky. I do like [name]Ollie[/name], just not with [name]Kendell[/name]. They both bring to mind Great Expectations for some reason.

I like [name]William[/name] [name]Arden[/name] [name]Green[/name], but his initials would be ‘WAG’…
I do not like the ‘[name]Kendell[/name]’ in [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] [name]Green[/name]. It looks very, very feminine to me.

These are my thoughts, point blank! :wink:

I love both first names, but I am not crazy about the combo [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name]. I guess I find [name]Kendell[/name] to be feminine (although I usually see it as [name]Kendall[/name]). [name]Arden[/name] is a little feminine as well, but I definitely think it works for a boy, especially with [name]William[/name]. All that being said, [name]Kendell[/name] could work as a mn, but I wouldn’t give a boy the first name [name]Kendell[/name]. [name]Just[/name] my opinion :wink:

I like [name]William[/name] [name]Arden[/name] [name]Green[/name]. I picture a 19th century U.S. Senator or some other kind of consequential historical figure. But “[name]Will[/name]” brings it down to [name]Earth[/name] - he goes from debating weighty issues on the floor of the Senate to unbuttoning his collar and making it to those Thursday night poker games at his [name]Washington[/name] boarding house. It’s also perfectly modern sounding, with [name]William[/name] being one of the (well, THE) most popular classic names and [name]Arden[/name] fitting in well with the modern -en sound.

I’m not wild about [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] [name]Green[/name] to be honest. [name]Oliver[/name] is not a particular favorite of mine and [name]Kendell[/name] sounds 1) female, and 2) corporate. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] [name]Green[/name] makes me think of a somewhat stuffy banker. [name]Ollie[/name] humanizes it a bit, but not enough to shake the association.

Thanks for your opinions - pretty much what I expected… [name]Kendell[/name] and [name]Arden[/name] are mine and my mothers maiden names. They are the names we will be using for our twins.

gigi22 - I wouldn’t use [name]Kendell[/name] (or [name]Arden[/name]) as first names for a boy or girl either!

Anyone else?

Thanks [name]Dahlia[/name] x

I like the first names - very classy! The middles struck me as a little unusual but I like that you are using family names - much better to have names that mean something to you personally in my opinion!

I really like both of those. I especially like how they aren’t matchy, yet the L sound unites them.

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] is great because it sounds like [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Wendell[/name]… [name]Holmes[/name]. :smiley: I know it’s not intentional but I like literary connections. It must be pretty subtle too because it took me a few hours to see it, and I usually see those things instantly.

I love both names and don’t find [name]Kendell[/name] feminine at all - probably because it’s a very common surname in my area (and the family is quite well-to-do).

There is a gentleman in my town named [name]Fielding[/name] [name]Kendell[/name] “[name]Smith[/name]” and I always thought the name sounded so dignified and memorable.

Good job on both names.