Thoughts on these names?

Personal opinions? Usability? What do they make you think of? What do you picture a person with this name to be like?

These are boys names, of course. Some are GP, others I would consider for a real child.

[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
Coriander
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]

I like [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name]! [name]Hugo[/name] would be considered very posh sounding in the UK. [name]Arthur[/name] is adorable, but prefer it as a middle name, same for [name]Samuel[/name] too.

[name]Angus[/name] and [name]Duncan[/name] are just harsh sounding, I really don’t like them.

I love [name]Hugo[/name], it’s my favourite on your list. I read an adorable book when I was little about a boy called [name]Hugo[/name], so very positive associations. I also really like [name]Arthur[/name], it makes me think of [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] and the sword in the stone and all that. I think [name]Samuel[/name] is very cute too.
[name]Angus[/name], [name]Duncan[/name] sounds too harsh and I imagine angry rugby players. Coriander is a delicious herb, but not a name for me.

[name]Angus[/name]- Pretty nice but I just think of an [name]Angus[/name] burger–could cause teasing. Also, [name]Angus[/name] is the “fat kid” on some Disney [name]Channel[/name] show my sister watches.
[name]Arthur[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]! It’s a perfect name.
Coriander- I’m assuming this is a guilty pleasure? Used on a real child, it calls to mind The Hunger Games.
[name]Duncan[/name]- Okay…I’m not really into the whole last names as first names trend. As ottilie said, sounds like a rugby player.
[name]Hugo[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]! Reminds me of the awesome main character in the book The Inventions of [name]Hugo[/name] Cabret! Another one of my faves.
[name]Samuel[/name]- Much too popular, but a solid name. [name]Sam[/name] is cute.

I really love all of them except for Coriander.
My favourites are [name]Duncan[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name]…they would make fantastic brother names!

[name]Angus[/name] is all beef to me. I think [name]Duncan[/name] is nice. I like [name]Sam[/name], but not [name]Samuel[/name].

[name]Angus[/name] is a very popular name outside of the US, and to be fair there are other types of beef cattle with human names such as [name]Devon[/name], for example.

Yes, Coriander is a GP. I just like the sound of it.

I do prefer [name]Sam[/name] to [name]Samuel[/name], I just feel like [name]Sam[/name] needs a full name as by itself it’s too nicknamey.

[name]Do[/name] you have suggestions for combos with [name]Angus[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]?

I [name]LOVE[/name] Coriander, but I think I would use it for a girl, especially b/c the obvious nickname is [name]Cori[/name].
[name]Angus[/name]–sorry, I just think beef, also.
[name]Arthur[/name]–I know this is becoming popular, but I just picture an old man.
Coriander–love, but for a girl
[name]Duncan[/name]–I really like this. After some thought, I think of Dunkin’ Donuts, but this is a good thing :slight_smile:
[name]Hugo[/name]–was this the name of the main character in the movie with [name]Natalie[/name] Portman called “V”? Maybe it was the actual actor’s name–either way, it’s a positive association.
[name]Samuel[/name]–such a sweet, kind name. Pretty popular, but classic and [name]Sam[/name] is adorable. [name]Love[/name] it.