Thoughts on these names?

So far I only have two names on my boys lists that I truly love and could see on my child,. The rest of my list(well over 200 names) I do like, but not enough to actually use as a first name. I’ve been going though the list trying to find names that I might eventually grow to love. I picked out the ones that have the most potential Could I have your thoughts on each name?

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] - I have this as a middle to [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], but I’m considering it as a first.
[name_m]Neville[/name_m]
[name_m]Pietro[/name_m] - I also like [name_m]Peter[/name_m], but it’s strictly on my middle name list. [name_m]Pietro[/name_m] would be for a first or middle.
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m].

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Leander[/name_m] too, just feel like it reminds me of the name [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] too much.

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] - [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] will never fail to conjure up the image of the swaggering, leering, teenage heartthrob [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] from the famous musical “Bye Bye [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]” I really can’t see past that, I’m afraid!
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] - This doesn’t quite flow off the tongue as nicely as other names and I’m not a fan of how similar it sounds to meander.
[name_m]Neville[/name_m] - I don’t like this name, it’s not very handsome [name_f]IMO[/name_f].
[name_m]Pietro[/name_m] - I have a cousin named [name_m]Pietro[/name_m] and I think it’s a fantastic name.
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and the bookish image it exudes.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]. I would keep these two for sure!
[name_m]Neville[/name_m] and [name_m]Pietro[/name_m] are intriguing, but I would never consider them personally. I love the sounds of [name_m]Neville[/name_m] more than the name. I prefer [name_m]Peter[/name_m] to [name_m]Pietro[/name_m], the latter is very unfamiliar to me.
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] is really popular in Norway, I’ve only met bratty little boys with this name so it’s lost all it’s charm for me.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Philip[/name_m] or [name_m]Colin[/name_m]? Those two always get overlooked despite being wonderful. They’d fit really well with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Alaric[/name_m].
Also love [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Samson[/name_m], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_m]Prosper[/name_m], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u], and think they would fit well with your other names.

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]. Clunky and ready to be used. I like the idea of this name but not fond of nn [name_u]Con[/name_u].

[name_m]Leander[/name_m]. [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m] is so handsome! But [name_m]Leander[/name_m] would make a great first too I really think. It has soft strength.

[name_m]Neville[/name_m]. I do not like the sound of this name at all personally.

[name_m]Pietro[/name_m]. This is slightly awkward or clumsy for me to say and to look at. But usable. I prefer [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

[name_m]Silas[/name_m]. I like it! I think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] had a lot of potential, it has a nice sound and look it. Soft and pretty and masculine. Plus the option of [name_u]Si[/name_u]/[name_m]Sy[/name_m]/[name_m]Cy[/name_m] as a nn which I love.

[name_m]Leander[/name_m] is my favorite from your list. I think it’s a really cool name, with a cool meaning. I think the -er ending is a bit trendy, but I wouldn’t stress about that too much.

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] both just make me think of the characters from Weeds. Plus [name_m]Silas[/name_m] seems to be getting pretty popular thanks to [name_m]Justin[/name_m] Timberlake etc (not sure if you’re concerned about popularity).

I think I’m going to drop [name_m]Pietro[/name_m] for now. I have been crushing on it for a while, but I think it’s that type of name that you crush on hardcore then fall out of love with. Kind of like when I hear a song that listen to so much that I start to get tired of it. I’ll still keep it on my list, but I’m bumping [name_m]Peter[/name_m] up to the first name spot too. I had thought it might have been too common of name next to my favorites, but I’m not sure now.

I don’t care about popularity with names at all! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!

@dearest
I do like both [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_m]Colin[/name_m]. I’ve been toying with adding [name_m]Philip[/name_m] to my list, but I’m not quite committed to it yet. I have [name_m]Felipe[/name_m] and [name_m]Filip[/name_m] on my list. [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] are on my list! :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinkng about adding [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] to my list too. I really like the nickname [name_m]Cas[/name_m], but none of the [name_m]Cas[/name_m]- names. The only one that appeals to me is [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]/[name_m]Casper[/name_m]. I also kind of love [name_m]Frank[/name_m], but not as a full name so [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and it’s varients has been on my mind lately.

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]: I have no clue as to why this is, but it reminds me of a bit of a smelly old man.
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]: No idea how to pronounce it but I must say I like the look of it.
[name_m]Neville[/name_m]: Not a big fan of [name_m]Neville[/name_m] it’s always sounded a bit trashy/boganish to me.
[name_m]Pietro[/name_m]: I really like this, again no idea how to pronounce it but I quite like the look of it. Reminds me a bit of [name_m]Pedro[/name_m].
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]: [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Silas[/name_m], this is my favourite by far on the list.