Thoughts on these names?

This is for a project to help name my friend’s upcoming child, we don’t know the gender but the child is due in [name_u]August[/name_u], I can’t give any more details due to privacy concerns.

Thoughts on these names:
[name_f]Candace[/name_f]
[name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] / [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyza[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Natasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Pamela[/name_f]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]Shelly[/name_u]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]

Which ones are your faves, and what could you suggest if any?

These names are super cute! My favorites are [name_f]Candace[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I would suggest [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] for girls :slight_smile:

A lot of the names feel a bit 1980s and 2990s. Not bad just not my style. Then you have some that very much are my style.

[name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] and [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] are not what I would choose because I’m not a fan of [name_f]Cathy[/name_f]. I do love [name_u]Kit[/name_u], and that’s use for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]… maybe it could work for a [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]? [name_f]Carol[/name_f]/[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Carlie[/name_f] is also cute

[name_f]Lyza[/name_f] I don’t mind but prefer the Spelling of [name_f]Liza[/name_f]. It seems like your friend likes familiar names but not super common or names quickly rising so I would avoid [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], but maybe Leisl?

[name_f]Pamela[/name_f] I love as is :slight_smile:

The rest are fine, just not my style.

My favorites are [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Skye[/name_u] and [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f].

Names with a similar feel:
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_f]Candace[/name_f]-I don’t care for this. I can only picture a snooty middle aged woman in a pants suit. Not sure why…

[name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] / [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]-I kind of like this with the ‘K’ spelling. Mainly because the nns [name_u]Kit[/name_u] & [name_f]Kitty[/name_f] are adorable.

[name_f]Lyza[/name_f]-This spelling looks way off. I don’t care much for [name_f]Liza[/name_f], but as a nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] with that spelling it would be kind of cool and different.

[name_f]Martha[/name_f]-This seems a tad dated.

[name_u]Marley[/name_u]-I don’t know…it just seems a bit trendy.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]-This is nice. Solid, but has a little flair. I love the nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f].

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]-I adore this. Mainly because I’m a huge gymnastics fan.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]-I don’t care for this name, but no real reason. [name_f]May[/name_f] be a personal association come to think of it. It’s fine though.

[name_f]Natasha[/name_f]-Meh.

[name_f]Pamela[/name_f]-This seems sort of dated, but I think it may just be ready for a comeback.

[name_u]Riley[/name_u]-[name_m]Way[/name_m] too trendy.

[name_u]Shelly[/name_u]-My name is [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], & I hate when people call me [name_u]Shelly[/name_u]. That being said, I would only do it as a nn. I guess it’s different.

[name_u]Skye[/name_u]-Beautiful! It’s my kitty’s mn ([name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u].) . Simple & elegant, but a little exotic.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]-[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! One of my top favorites. Classic & feminine, but a little spunky.

[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]-See [name_u]Riley[/name_u].

[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]-I don’t care for it, but it’s alright.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Candace[/name_f]: I am torn on this one. On one hand, it does have quite a pleasant, lively sound, but on the other hand, I just can’t shake the association with the particular time period.
[name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] / [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]: I’ve always found this one beautiful, and bewitching, but yet again the time period throws me. I do think this one is more ready for a comeback than [name_f]Candace[/name_f].
[name_f]Lyza[/name_f]: Not a huge fan, sorry. I don’t tend to like “y” when “i” could be used, and I also prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] This is positively adorable. Very sweet and with lots of history.
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]: Not a huge fan. Modern, but I don’t think it has the strength or enduring style of some of the other choices.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: I much prefer this to [name_u]Marley[/name_u]. I think it’s hovering near classic status, has a quirky sound but isn’t overused, and is definitely strong.
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]: YES! My very favorite on this list. Evocative, unique but easy to pronounce, elegant, and absolutely striking. I also love [name_f]Nadine[/name_f].
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]: Another great one. Quite popular, but a modern classic with a singsong sound.
[name_f]Natasha[/name_f]: So beautiful and sweet. I like this even better than [name_f]Natalie[/name_f].
[name_f]Pamela[/name_f]: This name has a very warm vibe, but ultimately I think it’s far too dated… What about [name_f]Petra[/name_f] or [name_f]Paulina[/name_f]?
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]: See [name_u]Marley[/name_u].
[name_u]Shelly[/name_u]: I imagine this name on someone bold and outdoorsy, but I’m not sure it has the evocative substance of certain names on the list.
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]: Simple, whimsical, and striking.
[b][name_f]Stella[/name_f][:/B] This is simply gorgeous! [name_f]Ethereal[/name_f] and playful.
[name_u]Taylor[/name_u]: See [name_u]Marley[/name_u].
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]: NMS, but a solid, nice name.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]/[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]/[name_f]Mariel[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Charity[/name_f]
[name_f]Melinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]/[name_u]Nicola[/name_u]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Helene[/name_f]
Elsabeth

[name_f]Candace[/name_f] - personally not a fan. I don’t like [name_f]Candy[/name_f] and feels a bit tacky. With that said, I have never met anyone named [name_f]Candace[/name_f] and it could be cute on a little girl. I just think you have some better names on your list :).

[name_f]Cathleen[/name_f] / [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this. I used to think it was boring but now I’ve really grown to love it. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]Katie[/name_f] and think it ages great!

[name_f]Lyza[/name_f] - I don’t mind it. I actually like it a fair bit more than [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Not common and a bit of a modern take on a classic.

[name_f]Martha[/name_f] - Used to hard it but have started to love it. I’m not even sure why, it just feels fresh and clean and pretty. But can’t think of any nicknames I like for it though.

[name_u]Marley[/name_u] - Cute but don’t love it. I also much prefer the spelling [name_f]Mali[/name_f].

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - Very sweet and spunky but I know quite a few of them and am kind of over [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]. I do love though, that there is a number of nickname options for it: [name_f]Milly[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_f]Tilda[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], etc.

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] - don’t like it sorry.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] - pretty, but does feel a bit dated. [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] is a lot fresher, however is a lot more girly.

[name_f]Natasha[/name_f] - too dated in my opinion.

[name_f]Pamela[/name_f] - same as [name_f]Natasha[/name_f], not a fan.

[name_u]Riley[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I don’t know if I would ever actually use it but I do really like the down to earth nature of it.

[name_u]Shelly[/name_u] - same as [name_f]Natasha[/name_f].

[name_u]Skye[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I used to love this as a nickname for [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] but now much prefer it on its own. I think it ages a lot better and is the perfect balance of sweet and spunky, pretty yet tomboy.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - so so pretty! This is one name I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of hearing. Gives off a similar vibe of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] in my opinion. Sweet but sassy :).

[name_u]Taylor[/name_u] - look I have met a lot of great girls with this name but I still don’t particularly like it. It just feels dated and rather empty. I don’t hate it, it just doesn’t excite me.

[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] - I don’t mind it but I know a rather unpleasant person with this name and as a result the name is kind of ruined for me. It okay, but I just don’t really like it. And feels too 90s anyway…

So my favourites are [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f], [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Skye[/name_u] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]!!

Here’s a few suggestions…
[name_f]Adela[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Fallon[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Katia[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Trixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!

More names in that style:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]