Thoughts on these names?

I’m thinking of revising my top ten a bit to add:

1. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
  2. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
  6. [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

These would be in addition to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. What do you think?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

1. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]-Aw, I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] a lot. Especially if you paired it w/a sister to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and/or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. It has a sweet, kind, lovable sound. I don’t usually care for [name_u]Harper[/name_u]. It’s awfully trendy & sort of boyish sounding (yet too girly for a boy at the same time), but I don’t mind it as a mn here. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] has kind of a prairie girl vibe to it. Which is adorable.

2. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] is not my cup of tea, but it’s a good solid classic. I just can’t get into it. I love love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] doesn’t have the best flow, but it’s not awful. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is sort of elegant paired w/the quirkier [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is cute.

3. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f]-I’m really inconsistent here. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] totally work o their own, but I think [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is too nick-namey. It’s just hard to picture on an adult. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is fun. [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] seems a bit made up to me. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] would be lovely! But closer to your original name, maybe [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]?

4. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]-[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is gorgeous. It’s bold & elegant, but then the nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is sweet & approachable. I don’t care for [name_f]Aria[/name_f], because it’s just so darn trendy these days. This combo is nice enough though.

5. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u]-I don’t mind [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], but it’s not my very favorite. Not sure why. I think that it seems a little fussy. [name_u]Finley[/name_u] & [name_u]Avery[/name_u] are two names that I prefer for boys & find very trendy for girls.

6. [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]-I don’t know why, but I don’t find [name_u]Haven[/name_u] to have that pretty of a sound. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is cute, & this combo works nicely.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] – I like this. It’s both sweet and peppy.
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] – I do like it, and I do think it works, however, the repeated S’s at the end of each name do throw me off a little due to the hiss-yness of the combo.
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] – the flow is fine, but I’m really not keen on [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] so that puts me off. I’d much prefer [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] myself, though even just spelling it [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] would look much better; tidier and smoother.
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] – It’s nice, but it does run into each other too easily…[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]>[name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Daria[/name_f].
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] – While I’m not so keen on [name_u]Finley[/name_u] myself, I actually don’t mind this. It works.
[name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] – I’d prefer [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Haven[/name_u] myself, but this is also nice.

Overall, I think that [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] & [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] all work in their combos the best, and fit in with your general style beautifully.

These are beautiful and seem to fit well with your other names! [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is particularly gorgeous in my opinion. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is super cute as well. I don’t love [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] as a middle name for [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]. I’d prefer the more classic [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or even [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] from that last combo. [name_u]Haven[/name_u] is my least favorite from the list. I think it just lacks some of the vintage charm that the other names have.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]- kind of cute but it feels a bit expected compared to your other names. [name_f]Mayve[/name_f] [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] Harvest? [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Fifer[/name_u]? [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]?

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] -love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], but i can’t comment fairly on [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] - this has a cure twist to it. I like it. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] Avonlea, [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Abilene[/name_u] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] would be cute too

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] - unexpected and cute

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]/[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - I think it like [name_u]Avery[/name_u] best -it has a cute flow :slight_smile: [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] came to mind too

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] -quirky and lovelt warming but strong, though [name_u]Haven[/name_u] is quite a bit bolder than the other choices. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Haven[/name_u] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] came to mind too

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] - I love this! [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is fun and sweet and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is spunky. Together they give of kind of a hippie vibe, both sweet and spunky!

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - This feels a little safe to me. I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] as a mn and usually think she goes with everything but [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a little plan for my liking.

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] - This combo isn’t bad and the names go nicely together. I don’t particularly like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] though, I just can’t see it ageing at all. It’s very cutesy and nicknamey (and it’s actually my cats name, so I don’t dislike the name, I just don’t like it on a human!) [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] is different and quirky, and I like it.

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] - This also feels a bit safe. I love [name_f]Aria[/name_f], so [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] in the first name spot feels a bit disappointing. [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] feel a lot prettier.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u] - I go back and forth on [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. She’s fiesty and striking, and right now I’m liking her. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is spunky and balances nicely with [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. I don’t love [name_u]Finley[/name_u] on a girl, but that could be due to association (I knew a female [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and she really was a rotten bully.) [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is precious!

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - This is great! [name_u]Haven[/name_u] is fresh, has the popular ‘ave’ sound and a sort of trendy feel but is less popular than [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] too, and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is adorable. I would much prefer [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] over [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] though.

I’ll have to keep this short and sweet until I get onto my laptop later, so if you need me to elaborate, I totally can.

1. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] atm. It’s stylish, it’s sweet, and [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is a nice complementary name.

2. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I’ve always liked [name_f]Grace[/name_f], I’ve tried to commit to it myself, but never seem to be able to (I usually wind up going for [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] or [name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f], but I digress)? [name_f]Grace[/name_f] fits really well with your top 4 + [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]! I’m not usually a fan of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (I have some weird aversion to the hard X sound?) but [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] works.

3. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] - Oh I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] for you! It’s a beautiful name, and honestly, it’d be on my list if SO hadn’t vetoed (to be fair, our nieces and nephew call his dad Papa, so it’d be a bit confusing). [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f]’s unexpected in the middle, but so sweet (may have to consider it myself!). [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] sounds really nice, and I think it works with your other picks.

4. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] - While I feel like [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] fits best with something like [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], I’ve just never been crazy about it. It’s very much down to a personal association (I know one who’s honestly horrid), but I can’t seem to shake it enough to give a fair judgement on [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] itself, sorry! I do love [name_f]Aria[/name_f] though, and flow wise, [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] does sound nice.

5. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u] - [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] seems perfect for your list, it’s got that sweet and sassy vibe that I get from your names. I think I prefer the sound of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u], but I love both [name_u]Avery[/name_u] & [name_u]Finley[/name_u], so it’s hard to choose.

6. [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - it’s a bit of an outlier in terms of style (but then again so is [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], I feel like?) but I think it works (also like [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] imo)!

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]: Such a fun, cute combo! Like it a lot! 9/10.
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but not [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I also dont like the combo. Something in the flow is off imo. 6/10.
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f]: While neither name is my style, the combo flows well. 7/10.
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]: [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] flows better. Something is off in the flow of [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]. Both names individually are very pretty. 7/10.
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]. Such a fun combo. 9/10. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is also nice, but I like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] better. 7/10.
[name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Haven[/name_u], not [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. The combo is nice though. 7/10.

1. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] – very cute, I like it
  2. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] – I’d prefer [name_f]Grace[/name_f] with a funkier middle. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Flannery[/name_u], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] – [name_f]Avalyn[/name_f] feels too modern with your vintage list. [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] – [name_f]Aria[/name_f] also feels modern. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/[name_u]Avery[/name_u] – I suggest [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] – [name_u]Haven[/name_u] doesn’t seem to fit with the others. Maybe [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] are my favourites! I’d like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] even more if she were swapped round to [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], just since the flow sounds slightly better to my ears.