Thoughts on these names?

I never really see these names being discussed anywhere and I was just curious what impressions people had of them. Do you like them? Why or why not? What kind of vibes do they give you? I’m not considering them for myself, but just curious!

[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f]
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u]
[name_f]Annette[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_u]Afton[/name_u]
[name_f]Marcelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elka[/name_f]

[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Saul[/name_m]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_u]Sean[/name_u]

1 Like

Overall, my thoughts are: I do like them!

[name_u]Afton[/name_u] and [name_f]Elka[/name_f] (though I prefer the [name_f]Elke[/name_f] spelling, feels more standard for that name) for girls, [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and [name_u]Sean[/name_u] for boys are my favorites.

I also want to add that I know an [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] who’s my age, and it’s such a cool cool cool name. She wears it great!

[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] - elegant and bold, but there’s also something I don’t love about it - something that feels a bit too clunky - which frustrates me, because I want to like it

[name_u]Julianne[/name_u] - it’s okay, but I prefer other Jul- options

[name_f]Annette[/name_f] - pretty cute and zippy.

[name_f]Tamara[/name_f] - charming and elegant, sure, I prefer [name_f]Tamar[/name_f], but [name_f]Tamara[/name_f] has an appealing and melodic sound

[name_u]Afton[/name_u] - reminds me of apples and freshness. I quite like it

[name_f]Marcelle[/name_f] - elegant and arty

[name_f]Elka[/name_f] - sharp and rugged - I like it

[name_m]Paul[/name_m] - I’ve met a young [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and it suited him well, but I don’t super love the name - it just feels - empty? Okay, maybe part of it is because it’s the name of a character I don’t like :person_facepalming:

[name_m]Saul[/name_m] - intriguing, nice meaning and interesting to say

[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] - I like the soft but clunky feel, the nn [name_m]Bram[/name_m], and the Dracula vibes

[name_u]Corbin[/name_u] - I do love the sound of this and such a cool meaning. Not sure it’s usable in the UK at this moment though, without feeling like making a statement?

[name_u]Sean[/name_u] - it’s okay - neither a love nor hate

[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] - I actually really love the sound, I’m just still not sure if it can work, or if it’s a one-person-name of sorts!
[name_u]Julianne[/name_u] - It’s not my favourite, but I also don’t like [name_u]Julian[/name_u] so I’m not the target demographic :sweat_smile: I prefer just Julie/Julia/Jules
[name_f]Annette[/name_f] - I really like her actually! Maybe a bit dated-feeling but just really sweet.
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f] - I actually used to love this name! It’s the name used for [name_f]Katara[/name_f] from Avatar the Last Airbender in Greece, for a little fun fact. But then I heard it pronounced as 2 syllables and I really dislike it that way :grimacing: With 3 syllables it sounds beautiful and mysterious, though!
[name_u]Afton[/name_u] - I’m not a surname-name person, and [name_u]Afton[/name_u] feels rather masculine to me as well.
[name_f]Marcelle[/name_f] - I know that spelling it with an -elle makes it feminine, but I just know too many male Marcels to really like [name_f]Marcelle[/name_f]! I prefer [name_f]Marcella[/name_f].
[name_f]Elka[/name_f] - Love!! I think I prefer the [name_f]Elke[/name_f] spelling, but this used to be one of my favourite names, super sweet in its simplicity and with a cool animal association.

[name_m]Paul[/name_m] - To me it’s one of those old-fashioned names that haven’t started feeling charming or fresh again. I don’t dislike it, it’s just kinda meh.
[name_m]Saul[/name_m] - I do like it more than [name_m]Paul[/name_m], but I think I prefer the similar [name_u]Sol[/name_u] or even [name_u]Soul[/name_u]! They just feel fresher.
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m] - Too religious for my tastes, and I’ve never liked the nickname [name_m]Abe[/name_m].
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u] - Cute! It’s a nice name, I like the sound.
[name_u]Sean[/name_u] - I have a friend called [name_u]Sean[/name_u] so I’m biased, but although it feels dated I do think it’s very sturdy and handsome choice!