Thoughts on these names?

I never really see these names being discussed anywhere and I was just curious what impressions people had of them. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like them? Why or why not? What kind of vibes do they give you? I’m not considering them for myself, but just curious!

[name_m]Lance[/name_m]
[name_m]Ray[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyril[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]
[name_m]Misha[/name_m]

2 Likes

I have a massive soft spot for [name_m]Misha[/name_m], but on a girl. I can’t picture it on a guy, I don’t know why haha

1 Like

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] - I like this thanks to the character in Bones but wouldn’t personally use it.

[name_m]Ray[/name_m] - honestly really dislike this name, not sure why other than I read a lot of books & this name is never portrayed in a good way.

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] - NMS. Nothing wrong with it, it’s just too ‘grandfather’ to me.

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] - it’s not a name I’d use in RL but I adore this. It’s been on my list for years. I just find it so handsome.

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] - I go through phases with this name of loving/hating it. Right now it’s just blah to me however it’s such a great name overall. Only major flaw is that it’s definitely seen more of a girls name these days IMO.

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] - hmm. This reminds me too much of [name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]. A no go for me.

[name_m]Ray[/name_m] - cute. I love it as a nn for [name_m]Raymond[/name_m].

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] - love this! I don’t know if I’d ever consider it for a first name, but I can definitely see myself using it as a middle.

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] - I like this one. The only thing that stops me from really liking it is my dad’s name is [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] and people are always mispronouncing it as [name_m]Stefan[/name_m].:joy: So unfortunately, it’s a bit spoiled for me.

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] - I really like this, but for a girl. I just cannot picture a guy with this name!

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] → kind of rugged and cool with a hint of gentleness and sportiness. I admit I sort of prefer [name_m]Lancelot[/name_m] which is a bit of a guilty pleasure but [name_m]Lance[/name_m] gets you half way there

[name_m]Ray[/name_m] → I don’t mind it. Gentle with dated, but cool vibes? I knew a little [name_m]Ray[/name_m] and it suited him

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] → I like it in for its slightly dusty, outdated feel

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] → prefer this to [name_m]Stephan[/name_m] - it has a warmer, gentler sound

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] → it gives me Tumblr 2012/2013 vibes, but it’s kind of gentle, international and cool - reminds me of [name_f]Pasha[/name_f], [name_f]Sasha[/name_f] and [name_f]Mika[/name_f] and I do quite like it

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] → 90s boy band vibes, but not necessarily in a bad way

[name_m]Ray[/name_m] → jazzy! [name_m]Ray[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and the solar connection really liven it up!

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] → I love this, but it’s definitely clunky in a not-quite-revived way

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] → my primary association is The Vampire Diaries (which I’ve never even watched!) I don’t love the sound of it and prefer [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] or [name_f]Stephane[/name_f].

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] → cuddly and European. I like the soft sounds! [name_m]Misha[/name_m] and [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] right next to each other are very CW, haha!

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] is an okay name, reminds me of the company LANCE though.

[name_m]Ray[/name_m] is a name I like as a nickname for [name_m]Raymond[/name_m], but I’m perfectly okay with it as a full first name as well! It’s got spirit to it.

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] sounds a tad too grandpa for my liking, but it has a strong, dignified image to it!

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] I like in pronunciation, but I’m not a fan of the spelling for whatever reason. It’s got strong, rugged, manly aura surrounding it.

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] I understand originates as a nickname for a Russian masculine moniker, yet its soft sound compels me to feel like it’s better suited for a girl, à la the nickname-name [name_f]Sasha[/name_f], originally a diminutive for [name_m]Aleksander[/name_m].

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] & [name_m]Ray[/name_m] - Both are fine, but they just don’t especially sparkle to me? I guess I find them kind of bland! And they feel a bit dated, I think I’d like both of them more as nicknames

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] - I’ve just never liked the sound of this one, but it could be a cool name to get to the nn [name_m]Cy[/name_m] (even if it’s not pronounced the same, I reckon it works)!

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] - This one I’m actually quite fond of! It’s quite common in my part of the world, so it feels familiar and warm to me

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] - Really like this one, it has cute and cuddly vibes because the first thing that comes to mind is [name_m]Misha[/name_m] the bear! I think in an [name_f]English[/name_f] context it feels quite cool with it’s -a ending. It’s 100% a boy name to me, although I know it can be used on girls too, I couldn’t really imagine it on a girl at all !!

1 Like

[name_m]Lance[/name_m] & [name_m]Ray[/name_m] - Both feel a little dated. Of the two I prefer [name_m]Lance[/name_m] as I can get to [name_m]Lancelot[/name_m] with it.

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] - I really like [name_m]Cyril[/name_m] and the feminine [name_f]Cyrilla[/name_f] too. However, for both I like Cyri (pronounced Siri) as a nickname. But that has issues with it being so linked to iPhones.

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] & [name_m]Misha[/name_m] - Not my style, but they’re both nice names.

1 Like

I’m 5/10 on [name_m]Lance[/name_m]. I’m not keen on the weaponry association, but quite like the medieval vibe in the same vein? On the plus side, I did know a child named [name_m]Lance[/name_m] who was a lovely kid, so that always helps!

[name_m]Ray[/name_m] 4/10. Spelt like this and as a masculine name, I find it dated. However it makes a sunshiney middle that flows with many firsts (and I like it on a girl, especially spelt Rae).

[name_m]Cyril[/name_m] 7/10. One of those I’d call geeky-chic! So out that it’s in.

[name_m]Stefan[/name_m] 6.5/10. Better than [name_m]Steven[/name_m].

[name_m]Misha[/name_m] 8/10. [name_f]Love[/name_f]! Would love to see used more internally as a masculine name.