Thoughts on these two?

So having been mostly stuck indoors for the last two months (we’re both very lucky to be able to work online), we’ve been rewatching some of our favorite shows. First up was Supergirl, where one of the characters is a smart, beautiful, powerful media mogul played by [name_f]Calista[/name_f] Flockhart. Then we moved on to The Bold Type, where one of the characters… is a smart, beautiful, powerful media mogul played by [name_f]Melora[/name_f] [name_m]Hardin[/name_m]. So obviously, suddenly I find myself crushing on the names [name_f]Calista[/name_f] and [name_f]Melora[/name_f]. They’re both of Greek origin and mean “most beautiful” and “golden apple” respectively. What are your thoughts on these two? What imagery do they evoke? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they go together? Any nickname ideas aside from the obvious [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mellie[/name_f]?

They’re both beautiful names! I especially love [name_f]Calista[/name_f]. They would work really well as sisters, and the nicknames are adorable!

I don’t particularly love either name, but I think that’s just because neither are quite my style. If you like them I think they’re both very usable.

As for nicknames, [name_f]Melora[/name_f]:
[name_f]Lora[/name_f], [name_m]Melo[/name_m], [name_m]Ra[/name_m]-ra, [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

[name_f]Calista[/name_f]:
Lissy/[name_f]Lissie[/name_f], [name_f]Issie[/name_f], Lis, [name_u]Ali[/name_u]

I love both names! Both are so beautiful. I love the meanings behind both too. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite nickname for [name_f]Calista[/name_f] has always been [name_f]Calla[/name_f], but I like Lissy too!
I think [name_f]Ora[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] could work for [name_f]Melora[/name_f].

I also love [name_f]Calista[/name_f] and [name_f]Melora[/name_f] as sisters! They sound perfect together.

I know a [name_f]Calista[/name_f] but she spells it with a K. She’s very kind and super smart so that’s what I associate the name with. While it’s not my personal style, I think it’s a pretty and unique name full of potential. [name_f]Melora[/name_f] is also cool, very pretty. I think [name_f]Ora[/name_f] would also be a nice nickname.

Both are perfectly usable imo! I do actually know a [name_f]Calista[/name_f] (though I’m not sure how she spells it?) and a [name_f]Kalista[/name_f]! :stuck_out_tongue: [name_f]Melora[/name_f] is more unusual, I feel like, but it’s similar enough to [name_f]Melanie[/name_f]/[name_f]Melissa[/name_f]/[name_f]Laura[/name_f]!

For nicknames, I like the suggestions of [name_f]Lora[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lissie[/name_f]! For [name_f]Calista[/name_f], you could also get [name_u]Tally[/name_u] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f]!

I’d say they’re not exactly my style, but I do think they’re beautiful. I could definitely see them as sisters. I think [name_f]Lissie[/name_f] could be another nickname option for [name_f]Callista[/name_f].

Not sure why, but they both seem kind of 90s to me. Not really my style.

I love them both & I think they’d be perfect together. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nicknames would be [name_f]Calla[/name_f] & [name_f]Lora[/name_f].

I used to LOVE [name_f]Calista[/name_f] but came across one who ruined it for me, so it’s sadly off my radar. [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is sweet but I think I prefer [name_f]Calla[/name_f] as a nn personally? And [name_f]Melora[/name_f] is intriguing and lovely, but I find it hard to LOVE because I’ve never been hugely fond of [name_u]Mel[/name_u]- names. I would love the nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f] though, and would be tempted to use [name_f]Melora[/name_f] just to get to [name_f]Lola[/name_f]!

Both are really lovely, though, and I think any little girl would be lucky to have either name!

I love [name_f]Calista[/name_f]! Unfortunately I really dislike [name_f]Callie[/name_f] and [name_f]Calla[/name_f] due to a personal association ([name_u]Kit[/name_u] would be my nickname of choice) so I’ve taken the name off my list. I know a sweet girl named [name_f]Calista[/name_f] from college.

[name_f]Melora[/name_f] is one I’ve never heard of before! I think it goes perfectly with [name_f]Calista[/name_f] as a sister name. I’m not fond of [name_f]Mellie[/name_f] but [name_f]Ora[/name_f] would be cool. I also like [name_f]Melora[/name_f] just in full.

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] is so mystical and vibrant. [name_f]Melora[/name_f] feels deep and velvety. I prefer [name_f]Callista[/name_f] slightly

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] could be [name_u]Cal[/name_u], [name_f]Calla[/name_f], Lissy, [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f], [name_f]Cece[/name_f], Lista, Cizzy, [name_u]Kit[/name_u]

[name_f]Melora[/name_f] could be [name_f]Lora[/name_f], [name_f]Lolo[/name_f], [name_f]Mora[/name_f], [name_u]Mo[/name_u]

I don’t like [name_f]Melora[/name_f] but I like [name_f]Calista[/name_f], however if I’m not wrong the correct translation from Greek should be [name_f]Callista[/name_f]. But maybe you just like [name_f]Calista[/name_f] better
I also suggest [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] or Melusina instead of [name_f]Melora[/name_f]…it also starts with [name_u]Mel[/name_u] but the ending makes it more beautiful in my opinion.

First of all, I LOVE [name_f]Melora[/name_f] [name_m]Hardin[/name_m], especially her character in The Office.

I like both [name_f]Calista[/name_f] and [name_f]Melora[/name_f]. I had a very negative experience with someone named [name_f]Calista[/name_f] a while ago, but I like the name.

Nicknames for [name_f]Calista[/name_f]:
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
Lissy
[name_u]Allie[/name_u]

Nickname for [name_f]Melora[/name_f]:
[name_f]Lora[/name_f]/[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_u]Mel[/name_u]
[name_f]Lori[/name_f]