Thoughts on these?

[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]”
[name]Judah[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

I have managed to narrow my potions for number 10 on my list down to these, but I can’t seem to let any from this list go! [name]Zane[/name] honors family, I love [name]Judah[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name] for their religious significance, and [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name] would be my mom, who always wanted a little [name]Charlie[/name] but never got one. And I like the rumored meaning behind [name]Declan[/name], “full of goodness”.

Thanks, ladies!

[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]”- I [name]LOVE[/name] this name, [name]Charlie[/name] is such an adorable, cool-guy name(can those even go together? oh well.) I would totally use it had we not named our girl [name]Charlotte[/name].
[name]Judah[/name]- Not my favorite, but it’s useable
[name]Elijah[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this, the ‘j’ sound sounds so cool
[name]Declan[/name]- Not my favorite, it seems a bit dated
[name]Zane[/name]- Dated, [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Charlie[/name]: [name]Charlie[/name] is my grandpa so I see an older gentleman, but [name]Charlie[/name] is a cute nickname.
[name]Judah[/name]: Beautiful and significant, but it’s one of those names that if you name your kid that, everyone knows your beliefs. That’s not a bad thing, but it belongs in the [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Jeremiah[/name], and [name]Josiah[/name] category. :slight_smile:
[name]Elijah[/name]: It’s a bit cumbersome, but well known so you would be ok. I like it but sounds sort of…well, sly to me. I’m not sure why. But all the [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Ezra[/name] derivatives just don’t sound friendly to me. Haha.
[name]Declan[/name]: GREAT! Fresh, Irish, but not obviously so.
[name]Zane[/name]: It’s fine, but nothing notable.

I agree basically everything shannoncancer711 said (except I don’t have a daughter named [name]Charlotte[/name].)
[name]Charles[/name] is my favourite from your list, [name]Elijah[/name] is second. [name]Judah[/name] is ok, [name]Zane[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]- what she said.

Awwww, I adore four of the names on this list! I think the meaning behind [name]Charles[/name] is sweet but seems more middle name material, do you love it as much as your mom?

[name]Declan[/name] is gorgeous, and although it is actually a little dated in the UK, I do love it. It’s popularity peaked in the late 90’s/early 2000’s I think and the youngest one I know is about 7 years old. However, it’s still cute and the nickname Dec is great. The one thing that worries me with the name is that I think I’d always expect a child named [name]Declan[/name] to be a very cheeky, mischievious little boy!

I do like [name]Zane[/name] but not nearly as much as the other three ([name]Declan[/name], [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Judah[/name]) because it seems a little bit trendy with the explosion of [name]One[/name] Direction. I know the 1D Zayn has a different spelling but I do expect his popularity to increase the popularity of all the different [name]Zane[/name] spellings too. I think people are likely to associate the name with [name]One[/name] Direction and therefore you may have people asking all the time if it’s because of him, which could get annoying.

Now, [name]Judah[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name] are both perfect to me! I adore [name]Judah[/name] with the nickname [name]Jude[/name] but I do think [name]Jude[/name] fits slightly better with my other favourite boy’s names. They both have great nicknames and special significance with their religious meaning and associations. Are you ok with the popularity of [name]Elijah[/name] at the moment? Because of the popularity I’m thinking [name]Judah[/name] would be better for you!

[name]Judah[/name] [name]Charles[/name] would be very handsome!

Your potions? :slight_smile:

I’m a huge sucker for [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name], so that one gets my vote.

Oh the terror of a top 10! Really, you shouldn’t have to drop any :wink: But here are my thoughts:

[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]: I like it. It’s classic. I do think of [name]Prince[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. I find it pretty uncommon in the US which is appealing: both familiar but not overdone.
[name]Judah[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name]: [name]Both[/name] I find to be very biblical in feel. I’m not big on that. [name]Eli[/name]- names are seemingly everywhere right now.
[name]Declan[/name]: Very handsome and underused. I think it’s a very strong name and could work on a variety of boys/men.
[name]Zane[/name]: I like it, but I agree that it’s a bit trendy right now. It’s handsome with a more athletic feel.

I’d pick [name]Declan[/name].

lol! I was like, “What in the world is [name]Emily[/name] talking about?!” And then I reread my OP and I understood completely! I don’t know what I was thinking, lol. You’d think the writing grad would proofread her own posts. :slight_smile:

Up until recently, I would have agreed regarding [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name]. Which is why it’s been [name]Everett[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Bailey[/name] [name]Elias[/name] [name]Charles[/name] up until now (that, and I find it so hard to pair up [name]Charles[/name] as a FN!). But recently I have been loving the idea of [name]Charlie[/name], both as a sibling to some of my other favorites (I think [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], or [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], for example, would be so cute!), and in general. I guess I’ll have to decide if I love it enough for it to be FN material. I know my mom would love me forever if I did! lol.

[name]Ah[/name], yeah. And honestly, Zayn [name]Malik[/name] is my least favorite of the whole band. But I’ve heard it rumored that [name]Zane[/name] is a form of [name]John[/name], which is my dad and brother’s (not to mention grandfather’s and great-grandfather’s!) FN, so it would be a nice way to pass the connection on without having another [name]John[/name] (which, honestly, I’m so sick of hearing [name]John[/name] and [name]Johnny[/name], lol. Which is why I’ve opted for [name]Jack[/name], too.).

:slight_smile: I agree. There’s just something about them, and I think both [name]Judah[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name] are perfect with [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]. I do know that [name]Elijah[/name]'s popular (boy, do I know! And I just met another [name]Elijah[/name] in the past month or two!), but somehow that doesn’t really bother me anymore. By the time I have a son, none of the Elijahs I know will really be around. I’m just afraid of the nn [name]Eli[/name]–which I really hate. Can I avoid it? If [name]Eliza[/name] isn’t really shortened for a girl, could I get away with just [name]Elijah[/name]? And while I used to prefer just [name]Jude[/name], lately, I am really liking just [name]Judah[/name]. Maybe in the future, though, I’d like [name]Jude[/name] as a nn. :slight_smile: I’ll have to keep thinking.

[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]” - It’s ok. A good classic but it’s a bit… bland? for me personally.
[name]Judah[/name] - I like it. Especially the possible nn of [name]Jude[/name].
[name]Elijah[/name] - Like a lot.
[name]Declan[/name] - NMS really. I don’t dislike it as much as I used to but I just don’t like it.
[name]Zane[/name] - Like a lot! My favorite of your list :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Judah[/name] and [name]Declan[/name]. Although I would likely shorten to [name]Jude[/name].