Thoughts on this combo?

How do you feel about [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]?

We liked [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] but our son’s middle name is [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] and I’ve been toying with the idea of using a mythology name for all of our kids middles to have a sweet theme to connect them.

I know [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is long but I think it flows well and since people don’t often use their full names I don’t think it would be a big deal in her life, but I want to know other people’s thoughts on it.

Also for reference, last name starts with [name_m]Len[/name_m]- and is two syllables.

Also do you guys think [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] is going to skyrocket in popularity soon? I’ve been seeing it a ton on name pages but I can never tell what’s just popular among name nerds and what’s actually popular/going to become popular among the general population.

hmm, here are my thoughts!

i think elowyn artemis sounds really good! i like the flow, and while it’s on the longer side i don’t think anyone would hear it and think “oh, that’s a very long name”.

as for popularity; elowen/elowyn aren’t even in the US top 1000 yet, or if you’re in the UK, it’s right around the 650 mark, so i don’t see it becoming overwhelmingly popular anytime in the next 15 years, especially in the US!

that said, the massive popularity of the nickname ellie/elle is something to keep in mind if that bothers you. i’m pretty sure it’s one of the most popular, if not THE most popular nickname at the moment.

oh and just something to note: the sound of elowyn with your last name sounds a little repetitive to me, but not to the point where i’d tell you not to use it.

2 Likes

[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is beautiful! Such a mythical and intriguing sounding name!!

I can see Elowen/wyn getting more popular, alongside names like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. It ranks at 645 in the Uk but two years ago, it was in the 800s so it is climbing. I’m not sure I can see it hitting the top 50 though anytime soon

1 Like