Thoughts on this List Please??

I’ve got a list of names I’ve been considering adding to my list recently, but I’m looking for some general feedback on them, so I can get an idea of whether or not I should go ahead and add them.

The names I’m thinking about are;

[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]

PLEASE NOTE: I am fully aware that these names are dated, but that’s very much my style, thank you :slight_smile:

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] is fine, though I love love love [name_f]Meg[/name_f] by itself.

[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] I’ve recently fallen in love with, belatedly. Strong sounding name.

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Amber[/name_f] seem fine too.

All of these seem fresher to me than [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u], and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]. I’ve taught for many years and all the Danielles and Ashleys have run together in my mind.

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I don’t have any feedback on these names that isn’t entirely subjective, so I’ll just list my three favourites:

[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]

The rest I’m either indifferent to or they don’t appeal to me for whatever reason.

I notice you have a lot of names that end in an -ee sound, both on this list and in your signature already ([name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], etc.). Maybe vetting out your absolute favourites from those would help you decide which names to add to your main list.

The ones that stand out to me of these names are- [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] (although I do prefer [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]!) and [name_f]Amanda[/name_f]. I think they’re all great names, usable and beautiful.

Btw, I know/know of girls names [name_f]Crystal[/name_f], [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] and [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] and I think they’re all so lovely!

I really like [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] and [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] :). Not a fan of [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] (any spelling)

I love [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], and [name_f]Serena[/name_f].

I have long been a fan of [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]. I’d love to see these used more!

I love [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], but not so keen on [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] spelling. Still, I do like the sounds.

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] - A nice, sweet name, just nms.
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] - nms.
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - I kinda like it, though I prefer [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] on a boy.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] - I prefer [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] personally, but [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] is pretty too.
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] - okay.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] - yes, please. I am glad to see this on your list. I think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] deserves to be used more. I’ll use it myself in a heartbeat if only [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] isn’t my top choice.
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] - I want to like this, but I just prefer the [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] spelling.
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] - I really like it! There’s something sweet about [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] -who cares if people say it’s dated.
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - same as above.
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]- I used to like this, but nowadays I prefer [name_f]Aislinn[/name_f].

From favorite to least:

[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]
[name_f]Megan[/name_f]
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] (only this spelling)
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]

Favorites in order:

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] – I really love this name! It’s so underrated.
[name_f]Megan[/name_f] – I think the nickname [name_f]Meg[/name_f] sounds so smart and earthy.
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] – [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_u]Dani[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] – [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_u]Ash[/name_u]

I don’t think any are super dated (I know at least one of each), and this is coming from someone fairly young.

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] - Really pretty, but how would it be pronounced? I’m assuming MEE-ghan, and if I’m correct, have you considered MEH-ghan? It’s super cute, and I love the nn [name_f]Meg[/name_f].
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - Probably one of my least favourites from your list. It’s pretty, just NMS.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] - Soo cute. I really like this name.
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] - Not my favourite, but it’s nice.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] - I like it, but I don’t love it.
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f], but I’m unsure if you’re pronouncing it jac-[name_u]LYN[/name_u] or jac-A-[name_u]LYN[/name_u]. If you’re pronouncing it as the latter, I’d prefer the [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] spelling. Either way, it’s a lovely name!
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] - Really pretty! I really don’t mind this name at all.
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - I don’t know any young kids with this name, but a few teenagers/young adults. It’s a pretty name.
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f] - [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] would be my favourite spelling. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f].

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] - [name_f]Megan[/name_f] is a nice name. I like it. One of the nicer “dated” names.
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] - I like this in theory. Paired with the right MN/FN it’s pretty.
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - I dislike it. I’ve had multiple bad experiences with this name. Also not fond of the [name_m]Dan[/name_m]- sound. To me it’s like dressing up the name [name_m]Dan[/name_m]/[name_m]Daniel[/name_m], which is a name I dislike.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] - NMS. I’ve never been too fond of it on a girl. I’d prefer [name_f]Alexa[/name_f].
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] - Never have seen the appeal. NMS.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] - Beautiful. Totally different vibe than the others.
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] - Again have had bad experiences with this name. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t really see the appeal.
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] - Meh, I dislike the sound.
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - All I hear/see is ‘man’.
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]- Not a fan. I like [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] on a boy nowadays.

I think all of these would fit in well with your list. My absolute favourite is [name_f]Serena[/name_f], as it’s such an elegant and classy name. The only name I would suggest that you didn’t put on your list is [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]. I find this variant of [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] looks really messy and incomplete to me.

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] - sweet and solid name, it doesn’t feel dated to me
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] - this always feels so warm and friendly, it also doesn’t feel hugely dated
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - I prefer [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], so this isn’t one I’d use, but it is sweet and friendly. It doesn’t feel very dated
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] - my first thought is [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] Petridis, the UK journalist, so the name feels more male to me. I’ve never actually met anyone with the name, so it feels quite fresh and cute
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] - this sees much more use in the UK than I thought it did! I associate it with High School Musical
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] - so elegant and beautiful! My favourite on your list
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] - as stated above, I just find this a little messy-looking and aesthetically unpleasing
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] - one of the few that actually does feel a little dated to me! Slightly randomly, I’m pretty sure that all the women I’ve met called [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] (or one of its many spelling variants) have been secretaries.
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - I have very negative associations with this name. It feels a little more old-fashioned than the names you like, which if I remember correctly are usually from the 80s-90s, and more like a 50 year old woman’s name
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f] - not a favourite of mine. It’s another one where I only really know of men (apart from celebritities) with the name, or the [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] variant anyway, and so it feels more masculine to me.

I would rank them:

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] (elegant and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] is a cool role model)
[name_f]Megan[/name_f] (I know a lot my age (30s) but the Welsh feel works on a modern baby and I like vintage nn option [name_f]Meg[/name_f])
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] (but like others I prefer the [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] spelling. [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] looks too modern/made up, but I do like that pronunciation)
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] (not my favorite name, but pretty classic)
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] (I also know a ton my age but it is cute. Does look like popularity has dropped way off so will sound dated, and no nickname option like [name_f]Megan[/name_f])
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] (pretty but sounds 1980s)
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] (I prefer [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], this feels kind of masculine but is not the worst)
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] (I know too many and don’t like that it doesn’t have much history)
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] (always sounded a little flaky to me, but might fit in with current popular nature names)
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] (the sound is nice but it lacks substance to me)

[name_f]Megan[/name_f]: Cutesy, but I also love just [name_f]Meg[/name_f].
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]: It’s okay for me. I’m not really feeling it much. But that could just be me.
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]: My sister-in-law’s name and I really like it. But I like [name_f]Daniela[/name_f]/[name_f]Daniella[/name_f] better.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]: As a teacher I’ve had a ton of [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]'s (six in one class in fact) that are in their late teens. I quite like the name, but I think it’s just overkill for me.
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]: This one is okay. I’m not sure it ages super well, but it’s fine.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]: My favorite from this list. I also love the spelling [name_f]Sarina[/name_f]. Very pretty flow.
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]: It’s not one of my faves. The sound rather puts me off.
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]: I love this name. It also has the ‘not aging well’ syndrome but somehow it works better than [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] and [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] for me.
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]: A little bland for me but not a bad name. I love [name_u]Mandy[/name_u], though.
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]: This is another one that has been overdone in all of my circles. From ages 28 to 2, I know a ton, including one man. It’s a fine name, but just used too much.

I like [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] a lot, especially the former. I don’t mind [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f] and [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]. I dislike the [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] spelling (just seems confusing to me) and I prefer [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] as a boy name.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u], and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u].

My favorites on your list are [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f]. I would have used [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] but I am close with 2 of them. I think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is too pretty to be dated :slight_smile:

[name_f]Megan[/name_f]: it’s nice, but not really my style.
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]: HUGE soft spot for this name (childhood bestie, haha). I much prefer it to the more modern sounding [name_u]Ember[/name_u], and I love that it’s a semi-precious stone name that is wearable! I dream of an [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], but it’s unlikely, haha.
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f]: nice enough, but I’m not a fan of the nickname [name_u]Dani[/name_u] which is seemingly inevitable. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] would be a cute alternative, but it’s something I’ve never seen.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]: very cute name, and I love its link to the [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] family (the meaning is so strong and gorgeous!).
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]: not really my style.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name!!
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]: not really my style.
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]: just reminds me of Lohan, in all honesty. Definitely wearable, but not my favourite.
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]: fell in love with [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] Lovelace’s poetry recently so have a soft spot for [name_f]Amanda[/name_f].
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_f]Ashlee[/name_f]/[name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f]: I’d call this ‘unoffensive’ because I’ve known so many!! Probably one of the more ‘traditional’ unisex names, and I prefer the [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] spelling for that reason.

[name_f]Megan[/name_f] - still one of my favorite variations of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]!
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] - I love it, much more than other gemstone names like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] that are popular right now
[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - never liked [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] so unfortunately the feminine variant does nothing for me either
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] - all the [name_u]Alex[/name_u]- names are cool, although this one is perhaps my least favorite, maybe because I always hear [name_u]Lexus[/name_u] in it, like the car?
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] - I love this name, but maybe just because I have nothing but positive associations for it
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] - so so so beautiful, and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m] is a pretty badass namesake too!
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] a lot, but not so much [name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]. I guess that middle syllable after the ‘k’ sound breaks up some of the harshness for me?
[name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] - I can see the appeal (sounds a bit like [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] which sort of suits you?) but it’s not my style
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f] - I don’t exactly like how it sounds, but it’s a classic name with a rich history, so it’s hard to argue against it!
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] - there were 6 in my high school class of 75 students, so I just can’t bring myself to see it as anything but an extremely overused name