Thoughts on this name?

What do you think about [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-Lilje or just [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lilje? (Leel-yuh).

We’re a British/Scandi couple. Lilje doesn’t work too well in English and it’s quite “cutesy” on its own even in Scandinavian (imo), so we’d most likely call her Lilje or [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (British side), but leave the option of [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lilje open to her if she feels Lilje isn’t very adult.

Bad idea?

Why not make Lilje a middle name? I don’t think it works as a hyphenated name with [name_f]Anna[/name_f].

I don’t think it flows at all, sorry. I don’t like the repeating ‘ah’ sounds. I’m a bit curious; I live in Scandinavia, and from what I know Lilje is pronounced ‘Leel-yeh’, whereas [name_f]Lilja[/name_f] is pronounced ‘Leel-yuh’. I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lilje works better if you use the ‘Leel-yeh’ pronounciation. However, I don’t think you should use [name_f]Anna[/name_f] if you only want a filler name; I’d rather look for longer versions ([name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Lilla[/name_f]) and call her [name_f]Lily[/name_f] for short.

Suggestion (if you are still going with [name_f]Anna[/name_f]): what about [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lykke[/name_f]/Lycke (‘LUU-keh’)? It has great meaning (‘happiness, good fortune’) and keeps up with the Scandinavian theme.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]-Lije sounds like [name_f]Annalie[/name_f], or [name_f]Angelita[/name_f] to me…might want to consider changing the spelling to sound more phonetic, especially for english speakers who won’t have a clue on how to pronounce it. But I love the flow of the name, and I don’t think you should change it!

I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-Lilje or even [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lilje! I definitely wouldn’t simplify it for English speakers–it’s not that hard to correct, and it’s only a MN. I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-Lilje is gorgeous, actually. Then again, I have a huge affinity for some internationally-used names like Madelief, [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], [name_f]Anahi[/name_f], [name_f]Helene[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f], [name_f]Mireya[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], etc. I think Lilje is darling, and would be such a fun, international choice! And I’m all about honoring one’s heritage. I think [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-Lilje or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lilje is perfect; I can’t decide if I prefer it hyphenated or no. I love the look of [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-Lilje, but I feel like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Lilje would be easier to deal with.

Good luck!