Thoughts on this name

Hello berries

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] [name_f]Easter[/name_f], Passover & [name_m]Ramadan[/name_m] :white_heart: I hope you lovely berries are having a peaceful period.

I was just wanting to know your thoughts on this name

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a name I love dearly for many reasons as you lovely berries already know. [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] honours [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] a family name on both sides of my family. [name_f]Christina[/name_f] honours my very dear friend [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] who recently passed away. Is there too many ‘a’ sounds? [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] (S/O) doesn’t like [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Christine[/name_f] he did suggest [name_u]Christie[/name_u] (pronounced chris tee) does [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_u]Christie[/name_u] work better?

Finally does this name work well with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f] & [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u]?

Entirely hypothetical thinking about the future currently only mama to [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].

Thank you :white_heart:

4 Likes

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] was my mom’s name.
She passed away last year so her name has also a deep meaning to me. Nowadays, most people use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a MN but I think it can be such a beautiful first name.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] is the most darling thing ever imo

2 Likes

Oh and answering to your question: yes, it does look good with your sibset, they all complement each other gracefully
[name_f]May[/name_f] I ask you how did you come up with [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]? Such a striking name, does it have something to do with your faith? Oh I loved it hehe now I wanna know more about it and I hope you get to conceive your boy one day so you can give him that name

1 Like

@Theemotionalmommy thank you for responding! Firstly I’m so sorry about the loss of your mother and I agree your mother had a truly beautiful name that deserves to shine upfront rather than hide away as a middle name. I’m so glad you think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] works with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] it’s just my partner doesn’t like [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] annoyingly so it’s between [name_f]Christina[/name_f] and [name_u]Christie[/name_u] but I don’t know which name works best :woman_facepalming:t3:

Regarding [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u] it was sort of a compromise really I love [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and my partner loves [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] so we sort off searched for a name that felt like a compromise between the two and found [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother is Jewish and my daughter [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] has a name very popular in Ashkenazi Jewish community so we wanted a name that felt culturally in keeping with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] but also was commonly used amongst the [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_f]British[/name_f] (mainly African) people as my partner is [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_f]British[/name_f] (Ugandan descent) [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] fit the bill. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is my partner’s favourite name he loves [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] but it’s very very popular amongst the black [name_f]British[/name_f] community (both African & Caribbean) we are very blessed with a diverse group of friends many of them being from the black community and have sons/nephews/cousins called [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]. Also my dad was born in [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] is off [name_u]Irish[/name_u] traveller descent [name_m]Malachy[/name_m] is a favourite amongst that community which was another reason why we loved the name as it honoured all our heritage but again there were to many Malachy’s running around for us to have [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] as a first name so he became a middle name. Finally [name_u]John[/name_u] is my dads name! Anyways sorry for rambling it’s such a long explanation behind that boys name and thank you for your kindness hopefully I will be blessed with a boy one day :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I love to see [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name! I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] flows just fine, but how about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] [name_f]Leonore[/name_f] to limit the As? Either way, lovely name, and I love all the meaning behind it!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name! So elegant and self-assured. It goes so well with your other names too

Re second middle, I think this relies in part on the starting letter and syllable count of your last name - eg if your last starts with an A and is three or more syllables probably a bit much.

For what it’s worth, I think [name_u]Christo[/name_u] could be very beautiful as an honour name (and a more contemporary shortening) but otherwise both [name_f]Christina[/name_f] and [name_u]Christie[/name_u] work - and in practice, she will rarely say her full name so it’s more important that the tribute is there than the “100% perfect” flow.

1 Like

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] is so pretty - it has wonderful flair and elegance! I like the ‘a’ sounds together, but [name_u]Christie[/name_u] matches well with [name_f]Ella[/name_f] too!

I like it with Lilia’s name and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] too!

1 Like

@benton_s_mama thank you for responding! I’m really happy that you think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] flows just fine I’m a sucker for names ending in an ‘a’ sound I love how glamorous they feel

@EloiseT thank you for taking the time out to respond. I have to agree [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a gorgeous first name! So the surname Ory@ng pronounced oh ree ang if that makes sense would that work do you think? Also thank you for the suggestion of [name_u]Christo[/name_u] this completely escaped my thought process and I think is fabulous! Hopefully [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] likes it too :crossed_fingers:t4:

@Greyblue thank you for taking the time out to respond you’re so lovely! I’m glad you think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] is pretty. That’s what [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] thinks he thinks [name_u]Christie[/name_u] is fab as it matches with [name_f]Ella[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Christo[/name_u] would be the name I would want! But not as straightforward (to me ear) with your last name.

With your last name, I think these are the best options (from the info I have) (no order):

1. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] (it’s very beautiful)
  2. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Christo[/name_u] (no second middle, cool, simple and confident)
  3. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Christo[/name_u] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] (but I don’t love the flow from [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] to last name, as two “Ors”).

Ignore if not helpful but I’m finding [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] is the tricky part of the name because it is close to your last name. To me, it’s the R’s, not the A’s causing the “trouble” or the R’s and the A’s. If you want to use [name_u]Christo[/name_u], you may have to put it as first middle so its O doesn’t flow to your last name O, but you would then (I think) probably need a new name for [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] so [name_f]Ora[/name_f] of [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] (as second middle) doesn’t go into [name_m]Ory[/name_m] of last name.

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name. Works perfect

1 Like

It’s very nice. [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] would be even nicer. I wouldn’t use [name_u]Christie[/name_u].

1 Like

@EloiseT thank you for taking the time out to respond again to my question. I understand what you mean [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] is a bit of a mouthful and ‘r’ heavy I do just love the name so much! I also know that I would want two middle names but I do have to say [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Christo[/name_u] is very cool. I really like the idea of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_u]Christo[/name_u] I’m going to have to bring this name up to [name_u]Joseph[/name_u].

@Babynamequeen029 thank you for taking the time out to radiate positivity on my possible girl name!

@marysia thank you honestly I agree I love [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] she’s so so pretty

2 Likes

Me, being myself just think that two middle names is too many, maybe remove [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] or [name_f]Christina[/name_f], I love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but the whole idea seems too crowded with two, long middle names, maybe think about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], maybe you could also do [name_f]Christina[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

1 Like

@AcaciaTree thank you for responding it’s a tradition in my family to have two middle names so I would want to continue this tradition. I also would want [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to be the first name as your right [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is stunning so deserves to be the first name!

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is wonderful!! I would love to see it used more! It’s great with [name_f]Christina[/name_f] and [name_u]Christie[/name_u]. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are great together :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you @bemiranda :white_heart:

1 Like

i love all the ‘a’ sounds together! i think leonora christina flows beautifully and i love rose as a short, sweet first name. the full name goes super well with your other names and i personally wouldn’t change it! i like christie, but since rose is already so short, it makes the name feel a bit abrupt. it’s definitely not a bad combo and it still has better flow than lots of double-middle-name names, but rose leonora christina is just so much better!

my condolences about your friend christopher, and happy holidays to you too!

1 Like

@jadzianoel thank you so so much for responding I’m so glad you love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] your positivity makes me love the name even more. Also thank you for mentioning [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] it’s so kind :blue_heart:

@seawillow thank you for taking the time out to provide such a lovely response. I am pronouncing [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] as three syllable lee O noor ah I’m terrible at breaking names down phonetically so hope this makes sense. So I have to agree with the three syllable pronunciation [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] sounds better I think anyways. But no significance behind [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] being first I just thought the name sounded prettier. I’m very happy you think the name is pretty and that you think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] works with [name_f]Lil[/name_f] & [name_u]Sol[/name_u].
For me popularity isn’t a major concern as long as the name isn’t overwhelmingly used in my social circle. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is always a hyphenated name/smoosh name for example Ariarose or Isla-Rose or a middle name rather than a name upfront so doesn’t feel exceptionally popular. But in comparison to [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] she is. Still I can’t let [name_f]Rose[/name_f] go!! So I agree it’s better to have a name you love then focus on sibling set cohesion. I agree I think [name_f]Christina[/name_f] is prettier thank you for responding!

1 Like

I love all of these names, especially [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]!
Perhaps [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] would flow better if you changed one of the a sounds or perhaps change the order as suggested above? I think maybe [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] rolls off the tongue a little easier. However, I do think both work with your surname.
If you’re not 100% sure you could tweak [name_f]Christina[/name_f] to a nickname of [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. But it depends how obvious you want the link to be. E.g. you could go with something like Kit/Kitty? [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] could work, but not sure if this feels too different?

1 Like

@Hello1 thank you for responding! Your enthusiasm for my names made me smile so much! I like how you feel [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_f]Christina[/name_f] works honestly I really love this name but [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is adorable so sweet will need to see if I can get approval off s/o thank you