Thoughts on Top 10

What do you think of my top ten for girls and boys? Which do you like the best and the least? Thanks!

Girls:

[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]

Boys:

[name]William[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name])
[name]August[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]

[name]Gemma[/name] – Beautiful!!
[name]Veronica[/name] – Never been my style, but I can see why others like it.
[name]Julia[/name] – Beautiful!
[name]Elizabeth[/name] – I was bored of this, and then a friend used it recently and now I’m seeing it’s classic beauty again.
[name]Alexandra[/name] – I have a really bored feeling towards all the [name]Alex[/name]- names.
[name]Sara[/name] – I think [name]Sarah[/name] is very lovely, but something about [name]Sara[/name] makes me feel like you’ve turned a classy princess into a spunky tomboy. Spunky names are okay on spunky people, but [name]Sarah[/name] is a princess!
[name]Genevieve[/name] – Pretty but nms
[name]Susanna[/name] – I love [name]Susanna[/name]! I think I prefer it with an h, but I like it both ways.
[name]Teresa[/name] – Seems a bit dated to me.
[name]Mariana[/name] – I want to meet a [name]Mariana[/name] in real life. I can’t quite like the name, but feel like I would if I knew one. If that makes sense?

Boys:

[name]William[/name] – Nice solid classic, but I’m not excited by it.
[name]Nicholas[/name] – Nice but also seems a bit passe.
[name]Thomas[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Tom[/name], and [name]Tommy[/name].
[name]Adrian[/name] – a bit feminine
[name]Gregory[/name] – I only like the full version of it, as I really dislike [name]Greg[/name]. [name]Gregory[/name] has a tall, dark, and handsome sound to me.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]) – I feel like [name]Theodore[/name] is stuffy, but [name]Theo[/name] is just an awesome name!
[name]August[/name] – This is growing on me.
[name]Charles[/name] – [name]Stuffy[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] – Not my style.
[name]Anthony[/name] – Handsome

I like [name]Julia[/name] & [name]Genevieve[/name] for girls
[name]Gregory[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name] for boys

[name]Gemma[/name] - [name]Gemma[/name] is so cute. It’s familiar but uncommon, which is a great combination, in my opinion. The only thing that deters me from this name is that it sounds very young - I am having a hard time picturing it on a grown woman.
[name]Veronica[/name] - I like [name]Veronica[/name], but I really despise a lot of the nicknames ([name]Nicki[/name], [name]Roni[/name], etc) which turns me off of the name a little bit. As a whole, though, I find it spunky and feminine.
[name]Julia[/name] - One of my favorites! I love its simplistic beauty.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] as well. It has countless nickname possibilities, which I like.
[name]Alexandra[/name] - I really used to love [name]Alexandra[/name]. It has lost a little bit of its sparkle, but I still like it. I like it as a whole, [name]Alexandra[/name], but don’t care for [name]Alex[/name] or [name]Lexi[/name]. I do like [name]Sasha[/name], though.
[name]Sara[/name] - I prefer [name]Sarah[/name]. I think it is a beautiful name - soft and pleasing to the ear.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - A new love of mine! It’s romantic but has an edge to it as well. I love the nicknames [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Vivi[/name], too.
[name]Susanna[/name] - I prefer the spelling [name]Susannah[/name]. It’s pretty, and sounds very “Southern” to me, but it isn’t one of my favorites.
[name]Teresa[/name] - I prefer the spelling [name]Theresa[/name]. I think it’s a nice enough name. I have heard people describe it as “very Catholic,” but if that doesn’t bother you, then go for it!
[name]Mariana[/name] - It looks pretty, but I don’t love it. It seems too fluffy for me.

[name]William[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Will[/name] and [name]Liam[/name], but not [name]William[/name].
[name]Nicholas[/name] - I have never liked this name. I despise [name]Nick[/name]. [name]Cole[/name] is okay.
[name]Thomas[/name] - [name]Thomas[/name] is a nice name - handsome and familiar.
[name]Adrian[/name] - [name]Adrian[/name] is okay, but I don’t love it.
[name]Gregory[/name] - I have a hard time picturing this on anyone under age 50.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]) - [name]LOVE[/name]. [name]Theo[/name] is one of my favorite names. It’s handsome and [name]Theo[/name] is incredibly cool and spunky.
[name]August[/name] - I’m beginning to really like this as well! [name]August[/name] is soft but appealing.
[name]Charles[/name] - I really dislike [name]Charles[/name], as I find it very stuffy and pretentious sounding. I love love love [name]Charlie[/name], though. [name]Charlie[/name] is a nice, friendly, approachable guy!
[name]Gabriel[/name] - I like [name]Gabriel[/name] a lot. I really like it used as just [name]Gabriel[/name], or with the nickname [name]Gabe[/name].
[name]Anthony[/name] - Like [name]Nicholas[/name], I have never liked [name]Anthony[/name]. I especially dislike [name]Tony[/name].

If I was picking the names for your child, I’d go with [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] “[name]Theo[/name].” Congratulations, and good luck naming your babe!

[name]Gemma[/name]- I love this name, the only reason it’s not on my list is that I call my three future daughters the ‘[name]Gem[/name]’ girls because of their G.E.M first initials.
[name]Veronica[/name]- I have never liked this, it sounds equal parts catty and clunky to me
[name]Julia[/name]- Most people adore this name, I’m one of the few who don’t see the same sparkle; I think if you had a [name]Julia[/name] she would be complimented for her name all the time!
[name]Elizabeth[/name]- I adore [name]Elizabeth[/name], if it weren’t so popular and well-known, this would be my daughters name.
[name]Alexandra[/name]- I prefer [name]Alexandria[/name], but the ‘[name]Alex[/name]’ names are beginning to feel trendy to me and a bit ‘done.’
[name]Sara[/name]- Boring, very, very done.
[name]Genevieve[/name]- A wonderful sister to [name]Elizabeth[/name]!
[name]Susanna[/name]- So many people don’t like the name, but I don’t get why not, I think it’s very pretty.
[name]Teresa[/name]- I can only see this name on middle-aged women.
[name]Mariana[/name]- [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Mariana[/name], perfect.

Boys:

[name]William[/name]- Very done.
[name]Nicholas[/name]- A classic that is not overused, but well known
[name]Thomas[/name]- Very classic, very all-American boy
[name]Adrian[/name]- So different from your others, and this name is androgenyous, so you would have to watch that.
[name]Gregory[/name]- Back to the classic names.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name])- A Real NB love, and would go perfectly with your girls above.
[name]August[/name]- [name]August[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], yeah, I can see that.
[name]Charles[/name]- Another classic, slightly boring, but [name]Charlie[/name], or even better, [name]Chaz[/name] is great!
[name]Gabriel[/name]- I am a bit biased, [name]Gabrielle[/name] is my name, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], always have.
[name]Anthony[/name]- This is a name I just don’t like.

So if I were you I would cut:

[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]

Two possible sib-sets:

[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Charles[/name]

or

[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name]

I prefer the second- [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Gen[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Theo[/name], Auggie, [name]Gabe[/name] and [name]Chaz[/name]

[name]Gemma[/name]- I love this name, the only reason it’s not on my list is that I call my three future daughters the ‘[name]Gem[/name]’ girls because of their G.E.M first initials.
[name]Veronica[/name]- I have never liked this, it sounds equal parts catty and clunky to me
[name]Julia[/name]- Most people adore this name, I’m one of the few who don’t see the same sparkle; I think if you had a [name]Julia[/name] she would be complimented for her name all the time!
[name]Elizabeth[/name]- I adore [name]Elizabeth[/name], if it weren’t so popular and well-known, this would be my daughters name.
[name]Alexandra[/name]- I prefer [name]Alexandria[/name], but the ‘[name]Alex[/name]’ names are beginning to feel trendy to me and a bit ‘done.’
[name]Sara[/name]- Boring, very, very done.
[name]Genevieve[/name]- A wonderful sister to [name]Elizabeth[/name]!
[name]Susanna[/name]- So many people don’t like the name, but I don’t get why not, I think it’s very pretty.
[name]Teresa[/name]- I can only see this name on middle-aged women.
[name]Mariana[/name]- [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Mariana[/name], perfect.

Boys:

[name]William[/name]- Very done.
[name]Nicholas[/name]- A classic that is not overused, but well known
[name]Thomas[/name]- Very classic, very all-American boy
[name]Adrian[/name]- So different from your others, and this name is androgenyous, so you would have to watch that.
[name]Gregory[/name]- Back to the classic names.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name])- A Real NB love, and would go perfectly with your girls above.
[name]August[/name]- [name]August[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], yeah, I can see that.
[name]Charles[/name]- Another classic, slightly boring, but [name]Charlie[/name], or even better, [name]Chaz[/name] is great!
[name]Gabriel[/name]- I am a bit biased, [name]Gabrielle[/name] is my name, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], always have.
[name]Anthony[/name]- This is a name I just don’t like.

So if I were you I would cut:

[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Teresa[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Anthony[/name]

Two possible sib-sets:

[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Charles[/name]

or

[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Charles[/name]

I prefer the second- [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Gen[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Theo[/name], Auggie, and [name]Chaz[/name]

[name]Gemma[/name] - Sweet!
[name]Veronica[/name] - My mother’s name! While I love her, I’m not so crazy about the name. It sounds like it belongs to a know-it-all brat.
[name]Julia[/name] - I love this name! Sweet and feminine.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - A classic one. It’s lovely.
[name]Alexandra[/name] - Nice, but I think it’s overused.
[name]Sara[/name] - I think [name]Sarah[/name] is much prettier. [name]Sara[/name] looks incomplete.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - Nice and elegant.
[name]Susanna[/name] - I like the spelling [name]Susannah[/name] much better; spelled that way, I think it’s beautiful. I think of a very free-spirited girl with this name.
[name]Teresa[/name] - I like this, but I prefer the spelling [name]Theresa[/name]. The nns [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] are cute.
[name]Mariana[/name] - I really don’t like this. It seems like it’s trying too hard to be frilly and it just sounds faded to me.

[name]William[/name] - I adore this classic.
[name]Nicholas[/name] - Cute!
[name]Thomas[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this one. So much.
[name]Adrian[/name] - This is okay. I’ve never liked it much.
[name]Gregory[/name] - This is okay.
[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]) - [name]Love[/name].
[name]August[/name] - I like this name a lot, but I don’t think I’d ever use it. It sounds very stuffy…
[name]Charles[/name] - This is cute, especially with nn [name]Charlie[/name].
[name]Gabriel[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! [name]Angel[/name] names.
[name]Anthony[/name] - I’ve always disliked this name for some reason.

Girls:

1. [name]Genevieve[/name] - pretty, uncommon and has so many cute nicknames!
  2. [name]Julia[/name] - so classic and elegant, you can never go wrong with a name like [name]Julia[/name].
  3. [name]Susanna[/name] - a bit vintage and very cute, love the nicknames as well.
  4. [name]Elizabeth[/name] - it doesn’t get more classy than [name]Elizabeth[/name], love [name]Libby[/name], [name]Bess[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] as nicknames.
  5. [name]Gemma[/name] - sweet and simple.
  6. [name]Veronica[/name] - always makes me think of [name]Archie[/name] comics! I prefer [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Viviana[/name], but [name]Veronica[/name] is quite pretty as well.
  7. [name]Mariana[/name] - prefer [name]Marian[/name] or [name]Marina[/name] only because [name]Mariana[/name] could cause some pronunciation issues (is it [name]MARE[/name]-ee-ah-nuh, [name]MARE[/name]-ee-ann-uh, MAH-ree-ah-nuh, etc.).
  8. [name]Sara[/name] - classic but a bit overused. I prefer [name]Zara[/name] or [name]Sadie[/name] as a twist on an old classic.
  9. [name]Alexandra[/name] - pretty but also a bit overused, [name]Alessandra[/name] is a fresher version.
  10. [name]Teresa[/name] - this name has always sounded really harsh to me, but I adore the [name]Tessa[/name]/[name]Tess[/name] nickname as a full name!

Boys:

1. [name]August[/name] - love love love [name]August[/name]. So sweet but still sophisticated. [name]Love[/name] [name]Augie[/name] and [name]Gus[/name] as nicknames.
  2. [name]Theodore[/name] - another favorite of mine. Solid, masculine and great nicknames.
  3. [name]Thomas[/name] - love [name]Thomas[/name], very smart sounding.
  4. [name]Adrian[/name] - I’ve always had a soft spot for this name. Now that [name]Adrienne[/name] is less popular with girls I think this name can have a come back.
  5. [name]Charles[/name] - very elegant, [name]Charlie[/name] softens it a bit.
  6. [name]William[/name] - classic and handsome, but very popular.
  7. [name]Nicholas[/name] - another classic that is very popular. Nonetheless it’s a great name.
  8. [name]Gregory[/name] - a bit dated but I think it can work well today. [name]Greg[/name]'s a cute nickname.
  9. [name]Gabriel[/name] - just not a favorite of mine, but it’s a strong name for a boy.
  10. [name]Anthony[/name] - same as [name]Gabriel[/name], just lacks spark to me, and I don’t love [name]Tony[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!