Thoughts on Virginia?

I’ve always loved vintage/historical names and am always looking to add more to my list. I was wondering what everyone thought of the name [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] and if you had any favorite [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] combinations (with it as a first or middle name).

So glad you asked! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]. It was my grandmother’s name and I know three or four teens with this name. As my signature indicates, [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] is one of my very favorite combos.

I also love [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]!! It’s a name with class, history, and grit. I’ve only known of one [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] in school. My current combos with [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] consists of [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], and [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabelle[/name_f].

I’m happy to see some love for [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]! I’ve only ever met one around my age so I am happy to see that it’s used more frequently than I thought. I also think [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is adorable! It sounds so fresh and [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] sounds elegant.

[name_f]Virginia[/name_f] is a classic, underused name. It’s not my favourite, but I can appreciate its beauty. I’ve met one [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], she is a teenager now. For a combo, I’d go with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] or [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]. An underused classic! I like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] more, but overall great name.

I quite like [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]. It gives off a warm and inviting feel. I would like to meet a little girl with this name :smiley:

Being Australian, with some romanticized
American ancestry, I would love a sibset of
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] & [name_f]Virginia[/name_f].
Yet another whose lifetime friend is [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
I had the name ready for my first, not only in her honour but watching how the name blossomed as she did. Along came DH.
Virginias are special people.:slight_smile:

My grandmas name was [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] but she went by [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] her whole life. I’ve always thought it was a quaint combo. Vintage and classic.

I think [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] is awesome! I love the associations with [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_m]Woolf[/name_m] and [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] Clemm ([name_u]Poe[/name_u]'s wife). My fave combo is [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

I’ve always liked [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], it just seems so musical to me. Also I love the nn options of [name_u]Vinny[/name_u], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] or [name_f]Nia[/name_f].
Pairing it is an interesting task; [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] all spring to mind.

I know I’m going against the grain here but I’m not a fan of [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]. I find the sound rather clunky and the prominent “virgin” association is off-putting for me (not that there’s anything wrong with being a virgin).