Thoughts on Vivian?

Sorry for yet another thread :smiley: We are still looking for the right names for a girl. I love the name [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] but my DH vetoed it. My hubby really loves [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and so do I, but I am worried it doesnt match [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. We like unisex names and although [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] can be given to both boys and girls, I think it’s way too feminine and it wont go well with our first daughter’s name [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. I really like the nicknames [name_f]Viv[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]. We often call [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_f]Em[/name_f] or [name_f]Emme[/name_f] (little [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] sound adorable too). For a middle name we want something outdoorsy.

What do you think?

I love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and think it’s especially great with [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. Would using the [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] spelling make it feel more unisex to you?

I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] goes really well with [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]. It is definitely a girl’s name to me, but it still works with [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] called [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]. I wouldn’t worry about breaking your unisex rule if you find a name you love.

Thank you so much ”

Have you considered [name_f]Viveca[/name_f]? It’s as feminine but spunkier than [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] works though! There’s also [name_u]Evian[/name_u].

If my son had been a daughter instead, we would have named her [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] (with an e). Ironically I’m pregnant with a girl now but have fallen in love with another name. Still really like the name though!

I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] works well with your other children.

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Lark[/name_f]

It’s okay and I love the nn [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] but a lot of girls have the name.

I think it matches well with the others but I’m not a fan of the name - it’s far too severe for my taste and there are other ways of getting to [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] (which is pretty!).

I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] goes really well with your other children, actually. If it feels too feminine, you could use the middle to balance it out.
Some outdoorsy middles, or middles that balance the name and make it less feminine :

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Dale[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Roe[/name_f]
Vivan [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Dell[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]). [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] sound adorable together. [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is 100% female these days so don’t sweat the unisex stuff. BTW - [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is much better than [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u].

It’s definitely more feminine than [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], but not so much that it’s unusable.

What if you paired it with a unisex middle?
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]

For some reason the names [name_u]Leighton[/name_u] and [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] came to mind too when I read [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] & [name_m]Wilder[/name_m].