Thoughts on what to name my baby boy!

Hi! I have a small list of boy names I really like for my baby boy, but I’ve been getting a lot of mixed reactions. I need opinions !!

My list:

Perry (I know [name_u]Perry[/name_u] is pretty dated but that doesn’t bother me)

Rhett

Hudson

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]! I’m not crazy about the other two.

2 Likes

I absolutely love [name_u]Perry[/name_u] [name_u]Percy[/name_u] is also a cute alternative to it.

Perry is my favorite!
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] gives a very southern vibe, also a nice choice.
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] is cute too, a bit of a heavier sound.

Rhett is cute and southern!

I like all three, but [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]’s a little overdone in my circle. I’d love to meet a [name_u]Perry[/name_u], especially.

I love [name_u]Perry[/name_u]. Cool and sweet

Hudson is my first choice, then [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]! I also think [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] makes a handsome combo.

I like [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] the best! I think it works really well for a baby, kid or adult!

I definitely like [name_u]Perry[/name_u] best! So cute! [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] is also cool. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Hudson[/name_u].

I’ve heard [name_u]Perry[/name_u]/Perri more commonly used for a girl name. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] is okay. [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] is very handsome yet I hear it more often on young boys than any other name.

Other ideas you might like based on your current list:

Brady
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Grayson[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

I really like all of these names for different reasons.

Rhett and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] are certainly more popular and trendy choices. [name_u]Perry[/name_u] is an older more distinguished name that I feel ages well.

Ultimately my favourite name is [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] but I think it’s a hard name to pair a middle name with but I love it as a middle name.

We know several [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]’s so the popularity of it on my area would dissuade me from using it irl

Perry is sweet and I would love to see a little [name_u]Perry[/name_u]. All the ones I know are over 50.

There is no wrong answer here. They are all great names ! And congratulations on your little guy !!

All three are great options

Though I prefer [name_u]Percy[/name_u] to [name_u]Perry[/name_u]

[name_u]Perry[/name_u] [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] [name_m]Gable[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Rocco[/name_u]
Franklin Dean

Rhett was on my list and I like it although I wasn’t sure if it would be used for a first name or a middle. I had [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] on my list but we ended up going a different direction.

I was also told [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] was controversial due to the character in Gone with the Wind. I personally don’t think any one character/person with a name should be able to define it. But I also didn’t really want to deal with that so it swayed me against it making it in my top 3 choices. [name_m]Just[/name_m] saying…however I still really find [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] handsome.

I like [name_u]Perry[/name_u] a lot. It has a cool vibe!

I like [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] too but it has become really popular if that makes any difference to you.

Hmm…

Perry ~ it’s a soft handsome little name personally I don’t find [name_u]Perry[/name_u] dated. I think it’s a cute little name feels soft and sweet.

Rhett ~ this name has a completely different vibe he feels outdoorsy and strong has a cowboy vibe. I think [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] is great especially teamed with a name like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

Hudson ~ this name feels fashionable and has a cool place name connection I like the [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u] association.

Personally all three are good choices but my favourite is [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] such a southern gentlemen name really cool and collected.

Perry is my favourite! I think he’s fresh again

[name_u]Perry[/name_u] is such a satisfying name to call out when you’re mad. “PERRY WHAT DID U DO?” Lol I have a cousin called [name_u]Perry[/name_u], he’s pretty cool. I say go with that name. You rarely find [name_u]Perry[/name_u]’s nowadays.

My favourite is [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] :slightly_smiling_face:. [name_u]Percy[/name_u] could be a more modern alternative to [name_u]Perry[/name_u]!

I personally don’t love them. I guess my favorite is [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], but somehow it still seems strange to me as a first name.