Thoughts on Winslow??

We’re expecting a baby boy in [name_f]September[/name_f] - he’ll be joining big sister [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. I’m very intrigued by the name [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] (not sure if my husband is on board), but I’m not sure how viable of an option it is. What do you think? Is it too out there? too dorky or something? I don’t want to have to keep spelling/repeating his name for everyone (nor do I want him to do have to do that for the rest of his life, of course). And obviously, I don’t want him to get made fun of because of his name. Ideally, we’d go with a recognizable yet unique name, and I’m not sure how “recognizable” [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] would be to most people.

I do love it with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], though. Other names on the table (my husband has vetoed many of my favorites) are [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] and [name_m]Damian[/name_m].

Thanks!

I like [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]. I think it has plenty of personality options. [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is royal & classic without being stuffing (in my opinion). If he really wanted, he could shorten it to [name_u]Win[/name_u] as a teen.

I think it’d make a great choice!

I adore [name_u]Winslow[/name_u], and it sounds great with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]. While it’s not nearly as popular as [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] (135 in 2015) I wouldn’t consider it an unrecognizable name, in fact I think it’s pretty straight forward.

[name_u]Winslow[/name_u] [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] is precious! I also like [name_m]Damian[/name_m] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u].

Not bad, but I prefer [name_m]Winston[/name_m]

It’s nice, but it sounds like a British [name_m]Butler[/name_m].

It’s pretty recognizable, I’d say, and the spelling is intuitive, which is a plus. I think it’s a lovely name and [name_u]Win[/name_u] is a fantastic nickname option:)

The more I think about it, the more I like it. There’d inevitably be some teasing about the “slow” part since kids are so literal. I think if I met a [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] his personality would be stronger than any notions I might have about the name.

[name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is a great choice. It’s recognizable, people will know how to spell and pronounce it, and I think it captures the feel of [name_m]Winston[/name_m] - a plus because [name_m]Winston[/name_m] is an awesome name ruined when given to a lot of dogs.

[name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is like many other surname names that fit in/stand out.