Thoughts on Winston?

Too old? Fun? Nerdy? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know anyone with the name - what are your thoughts?

Thank you:)

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m] - vintage, clunky but really cool

I think [name_m]Winston[/name_m] is great! It’s on our list. It’s supper cute on a little boy and will grow up well. It also has sporty and casual nickname [name_u]Win[/name_u] for the teenage years.

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and the nn [name_u]Win[/name_u]. It’s one of those vintage names that somehow feels really fresh and cool to me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the 1984 association too! I’ve considered this one in the middle position before.

I like it! It definitely has a so-old-it’s-new feel for me, and I just love the potential nn “[name_u]Win[/name_u]/[name_u]Winn[/name_u]”.

I think [name_m]Winston[/name_m] is the perfect mix of classic and nerdy (in the best way). I love it, and I love the nickname [name_u]Win[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] most definitely has the vintage vibe. I think of 1984. I don’t love it personally. Can’t pinpoint what it is. I just see a man puffing a cigar with his brandy speaking of old war tales. Which is awesome, so i guess i can’t picture it on a child/teen. It’s too archaic for me like [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

Also don’t love wince or win as nicknames. My honest opinion of what the name evokes for me. But if you love it that’s always what matters :slight_smile:

I actually love the name [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! I think it’s so handsome and not very popular! I think [name_u]Win[/name_u] or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is such a cute nickname.

I like [name_m]Winston[/name_m] but it’s not my favourite ‘[name_u]Win[/name_u]’ name.

You might also like…
[name_u]Alwin[/name_u]
[name_m]Colston[/name_m]
[name_m]Dunston[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Elwyn[/name_m]
[name_m]Melvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Nelson[/name_m]
[name_m]Osric[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Selwyn[/name_m]
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
Wilmot
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
[name_f]Wisdom[/name_f]
[name_m]Wyndham[/name_m]

I adore [name_m]Winston[/name_m], it’s beautiful!

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! It’s on my favorites list! I like it for a first and middle name. I knew a [name_m]Winston[/name_m] in high school, who is in his 30s now.

I quite like [name_m]Winston[/name_m]. I dont know anyone with the name, but I know a child with a toy warthog called [name_m]Winston[/name_m], which is cute. Personally I prefer Winstin as it is, without a nickname

My first thought was the gorilla from Overwatch, but I do think it is a cute name for a little boy and not too outdated at all.