Thoughts on Zayla?

Layla but instead of L it’s a Z.

3 Likes

Zayla is okay, its a bit more spunky than the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] which is much softer.
I dont like many ‘Z’ names though, so im not surprised that I dont really like [name_f]Zayla[/name_f].

1 Like

It’s okay but slightly awkward

2 Likes

I feel like the description you gave says is all for me. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Zayla[/name_f], or of taking names and changing them into a Z or other trendy letter name instead without a linguistic reason. (Examples like [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] into [name_m]Zayden[/name_m], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] into Xcarlett [and yes that is a real variation I’ve seen used] or [name_u]Paisley[/name_u] into [name_f]Haisley[/name_f].)

There are a lot of lovely Z names already out there.

1 Like

Eh it’s fine

1 Like

It’s okay, but like previous posters said, it’s not my favorite.

1 Like

Not a fan, sorry. I prefer [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] or Zélie (ZAY-lee), personally.

I like it! I’ve come across Zélia and Zélie here in [name_f]France[/name_f] (which start with the “zay” sound) and think both are lovely. I also like the name [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], like the author [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] (who invented her own first name, apparently).
I also know a [name_f]Zayna[/name_f], but that is pronounced Zy (rhymes with sky)-na (it’s the [name_u]French[/name_u] spelling of an Arabic name).
To me, [name_f]Zayla[/name_f] fits right in with all of these.

The only Z girl name I like is [name_f]Zara[/name_f].

It’s not for me, I’m not really a fan of any of the ayla names.

I actually quite like it, but in some accents it would probably sound awkward.

I really like it! I see her as spunky and strong, yet also elegant. Big fan!

I feel the same

It’s got spunk but sounds like it could end up being trendy.

I don’t really like it. Sounds made up to me.