Thoughts on Zenaide?

I was looking through an old story of mine and found this name on a character… couldn’t tell you where I got it from, but I remember my sisters telling me it reminded them of Gatorade. I still like it a little, but I know it’s out there. Has anyone ever seen/heard of this name before and what are your thoughts??

1 Like

It’s regal and adventurous! I think I prefer [name_f]Zenaida[/name_f], though, to both escape the “gatorade” sound and to add to the rhythm of the name. Either is full of charm and boldness.

So how would you pronounce that? [name_u]Zen[/name_u]-ah-da?

1 Like

Like: ([name_u]Zen[/name_u] - aid - ah), so how I would pronounce [name_f]Zenaide[/name_f] with an “a” added on.

1 Like

I just looked up a video and there’s a woman who pronounces it zen-aye-da so maybe there’s a few different ways. I do like [name_f]Zenaida[/name_f] too though! Thank you!

1 Like

That’s what I meant, ha ha. Yw!

1 Like

I think it’s beautiful! [name_u]Unique[/name_u] without being too obscure. I’m partial to Z names, so it’s a 10/10 for me.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Zenaida[/name_f] or [name_f]Zoraida[/name_f] but it has a unique and interesting sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m familiar with it as a historical [name_u]French[/name_u] name (Zénaïde), pronounced zeh-nah-eed. [name_m]Napoleon[/name_m] Bonaparte had a niece named Zénaïde. The way you pronounce it reminds me of [name_f]Sinead[/name_f]. I think it’s an interesting name and very unique.

1 Like