Thoughts on...

What are your thoughts on [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] as a girls name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it? To old fashioned for someone born in the nineties in the UK? Only nice a nickname? Is it ok as a stand alone name?

Give me your thoughts. Thanks.

I think [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is fitting for someone born in the 90s, at least here in the US it would be. I think it can definitely be a stand-alone name. I personally feel neutral about the name.

I love love love love [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]!!! Though I prefer it spelled [name_u]Lauri[/name_u] with no E on the end. It sounds more like a nickname than a given name, but I do think it would work on its own. My dream is to name a future daughter something longer that starts with “Laur-” and call her [name_u]Lauri[/name_u] for short. Really, I love any name that starts with “Laur-”. They’re so pretty and pleasant sounding! [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] is a great name and if you like it, you should use it!

I love the name [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] and it’s on my list for baby #3 if it’s a girl (husband isn’t as keen…).
I plan to spell it as [name_f]Lori[/name_f] though.
I know of a 2 year old named [name_f]Lori[/name_f], so I think it’s becoming a more modern name and would fit the 90s as well.

I find it very dated. But [name_f]Laura[/name_f] less so, even though they were used frequently around the same time.