Thoughts/Suggestions/Favorites? Help?

See the results of this poll: Which do you like best for twin girls?

Respondents: 69 (This poll is closed)

• Calliope and Evadne : 7 (10%)
  • Rosemary and Beatrice : 43 (62%)
  • Sapphira and Lilith : 10 (14%)
  • Tabitha and Pandora: 9 (13%)

I think there is a love/hate relationship with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] for some people. I personally can’t stand the way most Americans pronounce it. I don’t think any of these sets are too matchy. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] has been on my mind recently, wondering why I don’t ever see it around here. As for my vote, I think [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] are just very womanly, serious names, and I would take them seriously. I like names that can go cutesy but still be respectable.

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], so I voted for that.
I’m not too fond of [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] though. (in the pairing). [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] is similar to [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] and I think it is more matchy with [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]

Honestly, My fave names on your List were [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]… giving the nicknames [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f])!
I think it’s adorable but the flower associations may be a too matchy for some.

I just commented on the names I really liked.

I like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] as a twin set, so cute!! I love the nickname [name_f]Bea[/name_f], pronounced [name_f]Baya[/name_f]. Out of the ones you have I have to agree Panda and [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] are adorable.

My suggestions would be:
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Christiana[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Jewel[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] as a twin set, so cute!! I love the nickname [name_f]Bea[/name_f], pronounced [name_f]Baya[/name_f]. Out of the ones you have I have to agree Panda and [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] are adorable.

My suggestions would be:
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Christiana[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Jewel[/name_f]

Thanks for the responses!!

@verminator- I know, I’m very surprised at how little [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is talked about on Nameberry! Thank you for your feedback!

@giinkies- [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] is nice but not my style. Thanks though! [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] do go very well together but I can’t help but think that they kind of highlight the ‘scary demon’ thing both have the reputation of ([name_f]Lilith[/name_f] considered being the first wife of [name_m]Adam[/name_m] turned into a demon and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] with the [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]'s baby thing). [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are pretty nicknames too but I’m not sure I like having them together…a little too much of an obvious theme for me. Thank you again!

@juliar44- [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are a cute set! I never thought of those together! I’m glad you like [name_f]Bea[/name_f], Panda and [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]! :slight_smile: For your suggestions: I like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] for a first name (the others I have considered but hubby is picky). Middle names I like: [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]. Thank you!

Oh… I didn’t think of the [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]'s baby thing. I only thought of the plant.
I totally understand what you are saying and I know [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a pair is obviously matchy and is not for everyone.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] - sounds like you are trying to hard with the Greek/Mythological theme
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - while both ‘old lady names’ they are just classics and always will be so there isnt a feeling of ‘themed’
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - dont seem to go together at all
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] - seems like an overly witchy/pagan set and now that i think about it [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] (reminds me of [name_f]Elvira[/name_f]) and [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] do too

Haha, yeah I guess they do sound really witchy/[name_m]Pagan[/name_m] but my mom is actually Wiccan and I’ve grown up around [name_m]Pagan[/name_m]-y names…so that doesn’t really bother me that much haha.

I get what you are saying about [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] though. They are not really my favorites. They (mostly [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]) were hubby’s choices. Maybe I could save them/one of them for a middle name.

Thank you for the feedback! :slight_smile:

[name_f]May[/name_f] I switch? I would love
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] & [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] & [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] & [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]
Best of luck! Looove your names.

I absolutely adore [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]. Absolute perfection as a twin set and as individual names. Not to mention [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] and Panda are so cute!

I also like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]. Very cute, I’m just not that into [name_f]Callie[/name_f].

I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]… They seem way to ordinary next to [name_m]Cato[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not as special.

I’m also not particularly into [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] or [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]. Nothing wrong with them they’re just not my favorites.

i absolutely love [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (actually i prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], but both are wonderful.) unfortunately my boyfriend hates both. i like [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] too, but it’s hard to get over the website connection right now. i’m sure in a few years it would be less of an issue though.

I voted for [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. They’re two classic names that are complementary but unique from each other.

I didn’t vote for [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] - the endings are the same and personally, there is such a thing as too much Greek mythology :slight_smile: Ideally, a mix of mythological and classic is best in my opinion.

I didn’t vote for [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - even though they’re both Biblical, [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] sounds oddly contemporary next to [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]. Perhaps it’s the jewel association that throws me off.

I didn’t vote for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] - [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] is a cat and Panda is a cute animal. There’s cute and then there is overkill. These nn’s are in the latter category for me. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] was a little witch on TV and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] has too much baggage with her box. [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] is also a jewellery brand name.

I voted for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] but [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] would’ve been my first choice if it had been up there. In fact, if i take it a step further, [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] is pretty much my dream birth announcement! Good luck :slight_smile:

I adore both [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]!

I voted for [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] & [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]! I really like these names together!

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - I don’t care for the individual names too much, but it’s a great twinset!

[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] & [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]! These names just don’t match in my opinion.

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] & [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]! Again, they just don’t feel right together. I think [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] would overshadow [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. I wouldn’t pair them together.

I would really love [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] & [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]!

I voted for [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. I like the Spanish variant of [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] a bit more - feels a little less frumpy. Congrats!!!

I voted rosemary and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but like some others I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] are best together. I like the shared b and t sounds a lot.

You know, I voted for [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] + [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], but after reading the above comment and thinking about your son’s name… I think [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] are perfect. You couldn’t get any cuter than those nicknames. Meeting a family with those three kids would definitely make me smile.

I love [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], too. I might do [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]. But with [name_m]Cato[/name_m]… well, I am very picky about starting or ending sibling names with the same letter, but I think that’s just my own crazy.

I think [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] are super cute together! Like it sounds wonderful. I noticed you didn’t put any middles with [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] like you did the others.

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] & [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be a darling twin set, with [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] as the nicknames? (Since [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] are kind of matchy maybe?)

Otherwise I like [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]! Though I’m not a total fan of [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]… I love the nicknames with your son’s nickname!