thoughts wanted

There’s a few names that have been on my mind lately, which do you like/what are your opinions on them?

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f]

An interesting list!
I love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and also like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]. They’re all punchy while still being feminine.

I want to like [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] but I just don’t find the sound very attractive (like how I love the look of names like Eudoxia but the sound just isn’t nearly as appealing as the visual.)

[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] is another I want to like but it just doesn’t quite do it for me. I think it’s totally usable though. It falls in line with names like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]/[name_f]Khloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], and has the association to [name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Kahlo[/name_f], all points which work in its favor.

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] - I’m drawn to old fashioned short names so I naturely love [name_f]Ida[/name_f]. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is a very strong name to suit a strong girl / woman.

[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] - it would take me way too long to remember how to spell this name and I’m probably pronouncing it wrong. I don’t like it sorry.

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]- I like this! There isn’t a nickname I love for it however.

[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] - similar to [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] I like the full name. I wouldn’t want the nickname [name_f]Gen[/name_f]. [name_f]Neva[/name_f] or [name_f]Neve[/name_f] is cute tho.

[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] - too associated with the artist. It does have a nice sound.

My favorite of your list is [name_f]Ida[/name_f]! The sound seems on-trend and wearable to me. There are so many strong historical namesakes. I would love to meet a young [name_f]Ida[/name_f].

[name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] are all my favorites, [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] has been on and off my list for over a decade, along with [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f].

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] - I very much like the [name_m]German[/name_m] pronounciation, the English Eye-dah not so much.

[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the sound, but the difficult spelling would deter me.

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m].

[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] - I always think of this as a posher [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f].

[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] - It has a relaxed vibe to it, of course the [name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] association. I wouldn’t use it unless [name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] was important to me in some way.

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] - I think is a really cute name. I remember [name_f]Ida[/name_f] was the duck in a book from my childhood.

[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] - I love mythological names but I’m not sure if this one would work.

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is a great flower name option, frilly but also strong.

[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] - Makes me think of the beautiful city in Switzerland.

[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] - This would be cool if you love the Artist [name_f]Frida[/name_f] :slight_smile:

My favourites [name_f]Ida[/name_f] & [name_f]Lavendar[/name_f]

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]: Seems harsh to me.
[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]: [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] is a gorgeous choice and it has lovely nns options too. My fave from your list.
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]: very cool, though I prefer it as a middle name.
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]: I dont like it. I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].
[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f]: see [name_f]Lavender[/name_f].

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]: On my mind too! I like it.
[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]: She was sacrificed by her father for wind to sail to [name_m]Troy[/name_m]. It’s a terribly sad story so the name is too laden for me.
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]: I agree with the above poster that it makes a fun middle.
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]: I’m not a place name person, though if a place has particular significance that’s a different story.
[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f]: Yes, I like the sound and the association.

I love interesting names but for a real person my favourite is the rather plain [name_f]Ida[/name_f]!

I am not so familiar/ comfortable with the using surnames as firsts thing but otherwise like the the sound and connection of [name_f]Kahlo[/name_f]. Ditto for place names unless of personal significance (in which case as for surnames I think it is great!) so not terribly keen on [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] and less taken by the association.

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as pointed out doesn’t lend itself to shortening and could have a bad in [name_m]Britain[/name_m] nickname.

[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f], doesn’t have the sound or story that would attract me.

All cool middle names though!

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] - I have a cousin named [name_f]Ida[/name_f] that isn’t that great of a person, so I have bad negative associations with the name (also shes in ber 40s, so I cant picture it on a younger person). I do see the appeal though. It’s similar to [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f], so I’d probably like it if I didnt havw that particular association.
[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f] - reminds me of [name_f]Callie[/name_f] Torres from Greys Anatomy (it’s her middle name!) I like the sound of it, but not really the look. It could work though (also agree with other posters, the story behind this name isnt that great)
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]! It makes me think of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (the movie). I think it’s so soft, sweet, and pretty. I also like that it has lots of nickname options. I know others like it more as a middle, but I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]!
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] - this is a beautiful name. I love the nickname options ([name_u]Nev[/name_u]/[name_f]Evie[/name_f]) too. I second the suggestion of [name_f]Genevra[/name_f]!
[name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] - I love the sound of this name. I think it’s so light and beautiful. I also like the association to [name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Kahlo[/name_f] (though I would assume if someone used this name, itd be because they loved [name_f]Frida[/name_f] [name_f]Kahlo[/name_f]. I think quite a few people would, so if that’d bother you, I wouldnt use it)

Great choices! My favorites are [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] and [name_f]Geneva[/name_f].